Shotgun skeet and trap areas near harford county?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eyego11

Apr 28, 2013
    Where is a area or place to shoot skeet or trap near Harford County? I really think there is no range closer than freestate and elk neck is waaay too far. Any cheap places to bring clays?

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    http://www.claytargetsonline.com/list.php/MD

MDtemp.png

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Elk Neck is not a clay targets range, not by any stretch of the description. (they have neither a trap or skeet field, not to mention they have zero throwers).

If Elk Neck is too far away, Oxford Gun Club is probably worse, but that is the closest I'd imagine. If you really want to shoot "skeet", Wednesday nights at Oxford, they have two lit skeet fields and a wobble platform.

Everyone there is generally pretty laid back and willing to help out a newb.

Gak

Apr 7, 2013
    Rt 1 off pool rd theres a place. I cant remember the name. saturday morning i go its like 5 bucks a round. its just passed the wawa and farm store on the right if you are going north.

Sep 16, 2009
    That would be Harvey's. Route 1 to Arena Road to Poole Road. It's about 1/4 mile off Route 1. They shoot Thursday nights around 6:00 PM also.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Harvey's is pretty cheap to shoot some clays in Darlington. It's just trap. It's the closest club for everyone, so we shot there a lot a few years ago.

On the Edgewood part of APG has a Skeet/Trap club open to the public on certain days of the week, it's pretty cheap there too.

Like PJ said, Oxford is the best bet especially if you want to shoot a good priced and challenging sporting clay course, but they do trap and skeet too. I also shoot skeet at Wilmington Trap Association in Delaware, it's economically priced as well.

It probably helps to know what area you are coming from, because there are enough places south of Harford County to shoot shotgun disciplines as well.

Last edited:

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I can attest for Harvey's (really called Cedar Gun Club). Great club, been going there for years. Mainly older folks but they are very welcoming of newcomers (for the most part). It has gotten slowly more expensive but is still pretty cheap. They also sell shells and reclaimed shot.

On the other hand, I would steer clear of the Edgewood Proving Ground skeet range. The guys who run the range are all NRA RSO certified (which is good) but believe that they know more than any one else who comes there. If you aren't one of "the guys", good luck feeling welcome there. Went there for 3 months straight a few summers ago, didn't miss a week, and they were still unfriendly. Not to mention the added hassle of bringing a gun onto the proving ground. Every time you pull up to the gate you are required to declare that you have a firearm, which 9/10 times leads to an unnecessary inspection of what you have. Haven't been back in years.

Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    Just up 83, 10 min into Pa is York IWLA http://yorkiwla.org/id5.html, we shoot trap every Monday night, rain or shine during daylight savings time. We offer 2 standard traps, and one Wobble trap, all 3 are voice activated. We are not an ATA range, however we strive to be compliant. Cost is currently $3.50/round, ammo is available.

We love noobs and kids, and host the MasonDixon Claybusters on occasion.

gary

Shinny

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Loch Raven is an NSSA Certified Field... The folks there can help you figure out what to do and how. They offer lessons and have some nice Skeet and Trap houses...

Link: http://www.lochravenskeettrap.com/

I worked there as a teenager. They had a lot of events and the shooters had some serious $$$$ in shotguns. I remember seeing one that was $18,000 and the owner kept putting the end of the barrel on the sidewalk waiting his turn. :sad20:

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Baltimore County Game and Fish off Northwind Rd. Trap only but a round is $4.50. Not sure where in HarCo you are but this is just a few minutes down harford Rd.

risk

Dec 7, 2011
    Baltimore County Game and Fish off Northwind Rd. Trap only but a round is $4.50. Not sure where in HarCo you are but this is just a few minutes down harford Rd.

+1 for Baltimore County Game & Fish. Thursday night is public trap. Great place with a lot of good people.

ShadyDan, it's apparent we both go to BCGF on Thursdays but I'm not sure that we've meet. next Thursday let's met.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    +1 for Baltimore County Game & Fish. Thursday night is public trap. Great place with a lot of good people.

ShadyDan, it's apparent we both go to BCGF on Thursdays but I'm not sure that we've meet. next Thursday let's met.

I usually don't get there til 8:30 to shoot the games. I shoot the old Browning A5 and I wear a Browning hat.

risk

Dec 7, 2011
    I usually don't get there til 8:30 to shoot the games. I shoot the old Browning A5 and I wear a Browning hat.

Oh I've seen you. I wear big black safety glasses over my prescription glasses. Sometimes I'm shooting a mossberg pump or a browning citori OU. Normally I stay still the end and help reload the trap house and close the place down. See you on Thursday.

eyego11

Apr 28, 2013
    That would be Harvey's. Route 1 to Arena Road to Poole Road. It's about 1/4 mile off Route 1. They shoot Thursday nights around 6:00 PM also.

Sorry to respond so late but just wondering if anyone can go shoot at harveys and if so what clay games are there? thanks

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Yes all are welcome at Harvey's Cedar Gun Club. I think the cost is $4 per round, might be $5 by now. They shoot regular trap all the time but some nights will shoot doubles, handicap and wobble if there is interest amongst those in attendance that evening. They seem to shoot wobble most every Thursday

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Eyego, you are definitely closer to Carney rod and gun club, loch raven, and Baltimore.county fish and game if you just want to shoot trap, with skeet and 5 stand at loch raven

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom