• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Was there at 4am they had 30 cases counted them with my own eyes
    manager said hits the shelf at 7am. Got there at 6 45ish waited till 715
    manager said they werent stocking ammo. Got into a little argument with him as well as the others who were waiting. He was a complette ass about it. I told him i would never shop there again. Sounds like he was just anti 2 amendment. So im not going back

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    is the manager a black guy, tall, mustache? He was nice to me when I bought a Circuit Judge last month...even showed me a BNIB Bushmaster that he could not sell in MD and had to ship back to the warehouse...it was priced at $799!!!! I almost died.

No he was an older white guy claimed he owned the store. His reason for not putting ammo out was bc of the weather and no one was going to be able to work the sporting goods counter. I was very upset the one manager told me they were going to stock at 7 and then they sent a worker out to say they weren't going to stock ammo then the manager said they didn't get any when I saw it with my own eyes. I was thinking about contacting the Frederick news post and see if they wanted to cover the story but I figure they won't care.

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    Contact corporate. Customer satisfaction is taken very seriously, and Walmart tries hard to Avoid bad PR.

Miykael

Feb 14, 2013
    I just stopped in and the case was almost completely empty (like usual).

There was nobody working in the department. Some friends of mine checked there around 10 AM and found the same thing.

Sounds plausible that he could be hoarding them for friends/co-workers... or... to be fair, there were no employes in the dept, so he could have just not planned to stock the case. Remember that someone has to unlock the case every time someone wants ammo. If they have no employees working that dept today that would obviously create a lot of calls pulling people from other departments to open the case (which would probably happen every 5 min until its all gone).

Of course the place wasn't busy at all, so again, I'm sure they could spare someone.... :rolleyes:

Called corporate this evening and they were very helpful. They were going to look into the issue and have someone from the store contact me. We will see what happens. It's time for we the people to start standing up for what is right. The lady I spoke with said that some of what he did was against company policy. He would not sell me anything that was already in the cage. Ill update if I hear anything from them.

Miykael

Feb 14, 2013
    Thanks for checking on this.

Please let us know if they end up putting the ammo out or if it "magically" gets sold before the public has a shot at it.

I know it will sell fast regardless but the 3 box limit gives regular folk a sporting chance (even then though its still hard to find it).

Jim'sKid

Feb 14, 2013
    Mount Airy
    Called corporate this evening and they were very helpful. They were going to look into the issue and have someone from the store contact me. We will see what happens. It's time for we the people to start standing up for what is right. The lady I spoke with said that some of what he did was against company policy. He would not sell me anything that was already in the cage. Ill update if I hear anything from them.
    Appreciate you keeping us up-to-date. Especially tough to find anything reasonably priced locally.

Wahama90

I was in the Prince Frederick Walmart today and bought the last 2 boxes of 38 special. I told the saleman about this thread and he was PISSED, he said for you to call the regional manager and corporate people about it. He said every Walmart manager he knows would sell you the shirt off his back to make a dime. He said to make sure to get names of the people that you talked to that wouldn't sell it. From the sounds of it corporate doesn't play with these guys that don't follow policy.

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon

When you hear back I would like to add my voice to your complaint. I was there Sunday received similar treatment. PM me and I'll give you contact info.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    I agree, some employees make the call to their friends, and none of the good stuff sees the light of day. Just like wall street.' Make friends with the guy at th counter..
    Pathetic

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I agree, some employees make the call to their friends, and none of the good stuff sees the light of day. Just like wall street.' Make friends with the guy at th counter..
    Pathetic

Would see the light of day if it is being resold. One more reason why Walmart corporate may want to ensure that employees at their regional stores are serving customers rather than friends.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Was there at 4am they had 30 cases counted them with my own eyes
    manager said hits the shelf at 7am. Got there at 6 45ish waited till 715
    manager said they werent stocking ammo. Got into a little argument with him as well as the others who were waiting. He was a complette ass about it. I told him i would never shop there again. Sounds like he was just anti 2 amendment. So im not going back

I'm sure with the amount of WM employees this goes on allot.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I just stopped in and the case was almost completely empty (like usual).

There was nobody working in the department. Some friends of mine checked there around 10 AM and found the same thing.

Sounds plausible that he could be hoarding them for friends/co-workers... or... to be fair, there were no employes in the dept, so he could have just not planned to stock the case. Remember that someone has to unlock the case every time someone wants ammo. If they have no employees working that dept today that would obviously create a lot of calls pulling people from other departments to open the case (which would probably happen every 5 min until its all gone).

Of course the place wasn't busy at all, so again, I'm sure they could spare someone.... :rolleyes:

Like many of you I to have checked WM often by either calling or going to the store. For whatever reason it's like pulling teeth trying to find employees working the sporting good counters. Some stores are better then others. But often it seems that the people over in the automotive section have to help you because they either can't find, or there is no one working the sporting good area.

If you call and are unlucky to get the, "there is no one working sporting goods, let me get a manager for you" answer when you call. These managers don't want to bother and just off the cuff will say they are out of everything. Many times the person on the phone will tell me they do not sell 9mm, or what ever I was asking for. I then tell them that I just bought some 9mm there the other day. They act all surprised. But they just want you to go away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom