• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Anyone ever use Accurate's 2230 powder for .223rem? I bought some at a local shop recently.

Their data section on the website is pretty lacking. I'm looking for a warm load for a 16" AR15.

This will be used with Win. SR primers, 55gr Win. fmjbt and Lake City Brass.

If you've loaded this powder before, I'd appreciate any help.

d'Artagnan

Nov 4, 2008
    Ellicott City
    For my 26" heavy barrel, 1 in 12" twist, bolt action I use 26.0 grains of 2230 for mv=3356fps in neck-sized R-P or WCC02 cases with 55grain fmj or soft point bullets and Remington Bench Rest primers. You probably will find 25 grains 2230 more satisfactory for your AR.

ghost

Jan 20, 2008
    If you google in Accurate data powder, there's a webb site, where their reloading data is, for all calibers it can be loaded in. Not only 2230, but all the powders they make.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I recently found this on another site, when I was searching for loading data for Ramshot TAC powder. It gives Sierra's loads and muzzle velocities for a variety of bullet weights and powder charges, out of a a 20" Colt AR-15.

55 grain bullets are on page 6 (labeled p. 218)... AA2230 is one of the powders listed.

Attachments

• sierra223ar.pdf
      135.9 KB · Views: 137

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    I recently found this on another site, when I was searching for loading data for Ramshot TAC powder. It gives Sierra's loads and muzzle velocities for a variety of bullet weights and powder charges, out of a a 20" Colt AR-15.

55 grain bullets are on page 6 (labeled p. 218)... AA2230 is one of the powders listed.

Damn, nice find! :)

Edward78

Apr 4, 2009
    Newburg, MD SoMd
    Have you loaded and shot any of that powder yet. I just ran out of it I was loading a Sierra 52 Grain Match King HPBT bullet with it in a Win case and CCI primmer and has been the most accurate I have shot yet in my AR.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Have you loaded and shot any of that powder yet. I just ran out of it I was loading a Sierra 52 Grain Match King HPBT bullet with it in a Win case and CCI primmer and has been the most accurate I have shot yet in my AR.

Not for a while. From what I remember, it shot pretty good. I'll have to check back in my notes. I do remember at the time, I was really trying to develop an accurate load with Varget + my 16" AR, which was an epic fail and waste of componenets.

I still have 1/4 bottle of 2230 left and would like to try again at some more accurate loads. It is easier to aquire 2230 than getting hold of H335, which is my first choice. They are pretty similar and both are nice to meter.:thumbsup:

Edward78

Apr 4, 2009
    Newburg, MD SoMd
    Not for a while. From what I remember, it shot pretty good. I'll have to check back in my notes. I do remember at the time, I was really trying to develop an accurate load with Varget + my 16" AR, which was an epic fail and waste of components.

I still have 1/4 bottle of 2230 left and would like to try again at some more accurate loads. It is easier to acquire 2230 than getting hold of H335, which is my first choice. They are pretty similar and both are nice to meter.:thumbsup:

Like I said I do like the powder it made the best loads for my Mini 14 and is the leader for now in my AR. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's kinda dirty witch sucks for a AR's action.

Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom