• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • itzyaboybugz

Jan 28, 2013
    hi... im brian. im 21 years old and just graduated with my audio engineer certification from sheffield in baltimore. i just enrolled back in their broadcasting course to take next. anyways. after i turned 21 i went out for st patties day in annapolis md. got in some trouble. i dont remember what happend. i woke up with mdop under 500, assault 2nd degree and resisting arrest charges. went to court june 4th and was placed on probation for mdop under 500 and other two charges were put on stet docket. after completing community service and paying restituion probation was modified to probation before judement. since then i started school and graduated. took year course in 6 months from doubling up classes. i have met all probation requirements. when put on probation i had to turn in my glock 30 .45 to evidence control and turned in my .22 long rifle to family friend who is police officer. i have 550 in bass pro gift cards saved for when i get off probation june 4th. my question is this... since my probation was modified to probation before judgement does it still count as a conviction, or since its a pbj it wont count as conviction. so when i get off pbj june 4th will i be able to get my glock back from evidence control and will i be able to purchase new gun from bass pro. none of the charges were felony, and since its pbj and im about to complete in succesfully i should be able to be a proud gun owner again this summer correct? or do i have to wait three years and get it expunged first!! thanks everyone and im happy to be a member of this forum

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Dest. of Property under isn't prohibiting anyway so even with a conviction you'd be fine to buy regulated firearms.

It's still in your best interest to get it expunged as soon as you can if you can.

itzyaboybugz

Jan 28, 2013
    thank you for quick reply. i plan on getting expunged as soon as i can. but it will take at least three years and id like to own a guy again in next 4 months.

Dreamquencher

Grammar Nazgûl
    Jan 20, 2013
    Undisclosed Location, MD
    thank you for quick reply. i plan on getting expunged as soon as i can. but it will take at least three years and id like to own a guy again in next 4 months.

People say to me, even on this board: Dream, you are a hard butt party poop. Spelling does not matter. It is only the idea that one is attempting to convey on the Internet that matters. So take your snotty opinion that people should write the English language correctly and shove it where the sun does not shine.

When they say this to me in the future, I shall quote this post and sit back with satisfaction.

Hint: You just admitted you owned a guy before. Unless you are a 200 year old vampire, you might be in trouble.

P.S. Your orthography makes me doubt the fundamental wisdom of your aspiration to own firearms...again. Does Bass Pro sell "Hooked on Phonics"? Long term, that might be a better investment.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    People say to me, even on this board: Dream, you are a hard butt party poop. Spelling does not matter. It is only the idea that one is attempting to convey on the Internet that matters. So take your snotty opinion that people should write the English language correctly and shove it where the sun does not shine.

When they say this to me in the future, I shall quote this post and sit back with satisfaction.

Hint: You just admitted you owned a guy before. Unless you are a 200 year old vampire, you might be in trouble.

P.S. Your orthography makes me doubt the fundamental wisdom of your aspiration to own firearms...again. Does Bass Pro sell "Hooked on Phonics"? Long term, that might be a better investment.

Jesus dude, chill out. Sometimes people aren't perfect, so coming down on them like you are, really isn't needed. If all you want is a cheap laugh, you'll be gone soon enough. Have a nice day.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I think hell is frozen. Fight between dream quencher and daemon assassin. Release the kraken! Lol

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.

Relax already. :rolleyes: Besides, nowhere did he say he owned a "guy".

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    So now we have English class on here to go along with everything that really matters.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Ok - for one, "Hooked on Phonics" is about reading, not writing and spelling. (I've always found the title interesting considering that the word "phonics" is not phonetically correct from a spelling standpoint.)

Second, we all knew what he was talking about. It's likely that the OP posted from a mobile device. It is easier to allow for some spelling, capitalization and punctuation mistakes when someone is using a mobile device because it doesn't have the same level of convenience as a fully "QWERTY" keyboard.

Third, try decalf - it's just as tasty.

Braddbdl

Fed up Libertarian
    Mar 30, 2010
    Oviedo, FL
    Punctuation’s the difference between helping your Uncle, Jack, off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse. :D

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Ok - for one, "Hooked on Phonics" is about reading, not writing and spelling. (I've always found the title interesting considering that the word "phonics" is not phonetically correct from a spelling standpoint.)

Second, the question mark belongs inside the quotation marks, not outside of it.

Third, we all knew what he was talking about. It's likely that the OP posted from a mobile device. It is easier to allow for some spelling, capitalization and punctuation mistakes when someone is using a mobile device because it doesn't have the same level of convenience as a fully "QWERTY" keyboard.

Fourth, try decalf - it's just as tasty.

dude.. save the cow children!!! :lol2:;)

squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    In 3 years, MD will have figured out SOME way to take away your 2A rights.

I know once you get off of PBJ for a non-disqualifying crime, you're "good to go".

However, assault is a violent crime that carries a maximum penalty of more than 1 year. I don't know how that will be handled by MSP for regulated checks. I also don't know what they report to NICS. Maryland is "fickle" about these things, whether you're within the law or not.

PBJ really bugs me sometimes...it's supposed to be an opportunity "to keep your record clean", but with MD Judiciary Case Search being available online, most employers and other agencies have ready access to PBJ verdicts unless and until they are expunged. I have PBJ for DUI on mine, and I can't expunge it for 15 years (special exception).

This is really something you should consult a lawyer about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom