• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • repair-man

Mar 27, 2007
    SW MD
    Does anyone know any details about this club? The only mention I found was in the AR15 msn group and to email John. But, it looks like that email address doesn't work anymore.

Fort Meade Rifle & Pistol Club, Fort Meade, MD 20755. If you are active or retired military or civilian DOD, NSA, or DIA, you are eligible to join the Fort Meade Rifle and Pistol Club. Dues are $20 a year and we have 9 ranges from 50 to 600 yards. We have pistol, IPSC, rifle, Swiss rifle, Counter Sniper, Cowboy and class 3 shoots. If you meet the above requirements, e-mail John. AR's are welcome.

I'm not even sure if it's around anymore.

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    I tried the contact link in the past and it goes no where.

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    any update information on this one ....

I would like to attend there since i heard its pretty good ..so let us know how to get some kind of information be a member there ..

pauln

WECSOG Alumnus
    Mar 2, 2007
    Harford Co.
    Not sure about the club, but we used to have IPSC matches at the Ft.Meade ranges and had to stop because they went "green". Only lead-free ammo could be used.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    any update information on this one ....

I would like to attend there since i heard its pretty good ..so let us know how to get some kind of information be a member there ..

I emailed and got this response:

"Chris Estes" chrisestes@earthlink.net

Howdy Vince,

Thanks for you inquiry. Absolutely, we would certainly welcome you and any other interested folks to join us next meeting. We meet the first Thursday in the month at 7:00 pm. You can download the membership application from our site and either mail it in or bring it with you at the next meeting. If
    you are not an NRA member we can sign you up, or we can renew your membership when needed and save you $10.00.

We have many activities during the year. On the 23rd and 24th, we are hosting a Garand match. We also have a fishing rodeo for the kids, an old soldiers dinner, turkey shoots, a crab feast, and range privelages usually once a month except during hunting season. The range is for club members as a group. No individuals allowed.
    As one of four civilian clubs that have access to the range, the Military, NSA, and local Police have priority. As an affiliate of the Associated Gun Club of Baltimore at Marriottsville, you can get a range badge for $150.00 in January, or prorated to $75 in July. The range there is open 363 days of the year.

To attend a meeting, you can either enter the Maples Road interence if you have a military ID, or you can enter the post at the Main Gate at Reece Road. You will need a drivers license, proof of insurance, and car registration with you to enter. Your vehicle may will go through an inspection, so no fire arms, amunition, etc. are allowed. After the car inspection, make an immediate left onto Ernie Pyle Road.
    When you cross Mapes Road (flashing light), go through three stop signs. You will cross over the bridge and at the end, turn right. the Outdoor adventure Center (Bldg T4) will be the second building on the right.

Sincerely,

Chris Estes
    VP Meade Rod & Gun Club

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    I would love to join this club as I live just minutes away. Unfortunately I do not meet the Military/DOD/NSA requirements.

Bummer.

-Boxcab

Deacon51

Feb 28, 2007
    Baltimore City
    This is from memory!? :blush:

I think they allow sponsorships (not to exceed sponsoring memberships #?)

They do not, but the range is not on the base. It's on the south side of 32, you will not pass a military check point to get to the range. The meeting Hall is ont base, you will need to pass through a cheek point to get to it.

To get a temporary pass, you need a DL, proof of insurance and you title or rental contract.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    The email was from the Meade ROD & GUN club, which is different from the Rifle/Pistol Club.

The R&G club is open to all, not just Meade workers or DOD, unlike the rifle/pistol club that is somewhat restricted.

To go to the range, you go through the back range gate on the other side of RT 32. The MPs (actually non-military police) let you in the morning of the range day. The range is physically separated from the rest of Ft. Meade by RT 32. The security stuff described is because the meetings are held on the main part of the base.

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    I gather you need to join the Assoc. Gun Clubs of Baltimore, and then you can join the Ft. Meade range.

My interest is they have 600 yard range. Which is something I really need. Of course, the bigger issue is that I need to get there from Germantown.

Did anyone else follow up with joining this club?

layusn1

Apr 18, 2008
    OK, I'm gonna revive an old thread since I am wondering if anyone got more clarification. I am retired Navy and I work at NSA, but contractor..not directly for them, and I heard at Arundel Firearms that retired military can shoot on Fort Meade. I don't mind joining a club, going to meetings, even being an active member...just need to know which one to join. I am assuming the one that is for active and retired DoD, etc. might have more range time than others? Anyway...any info would be GREAT! Thanks!!

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Ya I heard Andrews AFB has a "public" range. I would like to join one of these. I need a local range. MD Small Arms doesn't count.

layusn1

Apr 18, 2008
    Well, I don't mind if I have to make a long drive to VA if necessary but if I can shoot on base, 5 minutes away...I am all for it. Either way I really want to find somewhere to shoot my rifles. Not shooting in 7 months is driving me crazy :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom