• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Anybody else get an email from CNS-Rashee about doing a news story about the length of time it takes to get not disaproved for a regulated purchase? I got one a few minutes ago but didn't respond to it.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Folks...please forward those to (norton at mdshooters dot com)

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    I didn't get one, but I assume this is a scam of sorts being run via someone on MDS?

I don't think it's a scam. At least, it didn't feel like one. Was pretty easy to find some info on the sender but I'll wait for an admin to confirm.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Capitol News Service is legit outfit. I've worked with them before and they do a good job of bringing balance to the issues.

I emailed the person and offered some suggestions on folks to contact.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Guys,

I believe this to be on the up and up. I've worked with these folks as an organization in the past.

If anyone is interested in speaking with Rashee, I received this from him this morning:

While I am working on the gun control legislation beat generally, I am doing a story this week about the Maryland State Police background check process for new firearms purchases (my deadline is actually this afternoon). I talked with a few gun shop owners around the state and they said that the wait is much more than seven days now, closer to two or three weeks.

I was hoping to find some customers who are having this experience. The people that I messaged were all on the thread about MSP background checks. I really want to find a human element of people who are affected by the story. Can you recommend anyone I might talk to? Or can you forward my contact information along to anyone who might talk to me? I would need their name, age and city where they’re from, but no other personal details. If anyone is comfortable with that and would like to chat, could you ask them to get in touch with me?

Contact Rashee at Rashee Raj Kumar <rasheeraj@gmail.com>

or

Rashee Kumar
    Capital News Service
    301-314-2694 (office)
    817-832-8909 (cell)

CNS-Rashee

Journalist with CND-Md
    I apologize if I offended anyone. I am a real journalist, not a spammer or anything. The more I google and try to learn about Maryland gun laws and current issues, the more I keep getting redirected back to this site. You guys have a very vibrant forum and a really knowledgeable group of people here.

Anyhow, I am from Texas and trying to learn the Maryland laws. It's very different, I can tell you that! I am working for an independent news organization called Capital News Service. This is our website.

My beat is "gun control legislation," but the stories are focused on how all of this affects Marylanders personally. I have a lot to learn, and I hope at some point, you'll feel comfortable sharing experiences with me. Like I said, this is a great knowledgeable group, and I am glad that I found you all!

Thanks,

Rashee
    Capital News Service
    301-314-2694 (office)
    817-832-8909 (cell)

(PS - I'm a her, not a him!)

mward

Ultimate Member
    Dec 4, 2009
    Annapolis
    I apologize if I offended anyone. I am a real journalist, not a spammer or anything. The more I google and try to learn about Maryland gun laws and current issues, the more I keep getting redirected back to this site. You guys have a very vibrant forum and a really knowledgeable group of people here.

Anyhow, I am from Texas and trying to learn the Maryland laws. It's very different, I can tell you that! I am working for an independent news organization called Capital News Service. This is our website.

My beat is "gun control legislation," but the stories are focused on how all of this affects Marylanders personally. I have a lot to learn, and I hope at some point, you'll feel comfortable sharing experiences with me. Like I said, this is a great knowledgeable group, and I am glad that I found you all!

Thanks,

Rashee
    Capital News Service
    301-314-2694 (office)
    817-832-8909 (cell)

Hey Rashee, check out this thread...It will give you an idea of wait times and some of the folks' feelings!

I just purchased a handgun, so give me a few weeks depending on the wait time and I'll give you my feelings! ;)

Good luck and glad there's someone out there to report the real side of things.
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=45346

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005

Thanks,

Rashee
    Capital News Service
    301-314-2694 (office)
    817-832-8909 (cell)

Hi Rashee,

Sorry for presuming that you were male :o

Welcome aboard. As I said in our email exchanges, i think you will find the membership here very educated on the topic and more than willing to help you present the issue equitably.

jvegas

Ultimate Member
    Aug 15, 2009
    I spoke with Rashee today and went on record about the current MSP wait time. She sounded very professional and Pro 2A.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    welcome Rashee. If you want news stories there are a lot of them here.

To think these are the people that would be in controll of the licensing if it comes about. We could have to wait years for them. (just like the CCW permits)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom