• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Thats pretty good shooting you must not have been using bulk ammo. I want to go put a few downrange with you folks sometime. I need to scope my .22 I think though lol.

36 grain Remington Bulk ammo from Dick's, Al was using CCI bulk. Heavier rounds ( 40 grains ) shot really low

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Debris at the berm equates to:
    Shotgun hulls
    1"pieces of broken clay pigeons
    bottle caps
    68 cal paintballs(@105 yards)
    Al's favorite.. clothespins

with 22 Lr rifle.. hits at targets were around 70%

I was there with my pimptacular 10-22 a month or so ago and Perrin mentironeud a rock 4oclock from my target on the berm. I rolled it up the hill with 4-5 in a row. We both thought about Al.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    On average 70% sounds right, you guys were doing better than me once the targets got smaller than those 50 round .22 boxes - I could make excuses as to why, but the fact is, just got out-shot today.

I'll get some redemption on the 9mm challenge, that Hi-Power is a lil' tack-driver as long as the bag of meat yanking the trigger does their part.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    im trying to locate some AR5000 steel plates to use as targets. Got to set up something like an 8" plate at 100 yards for the pistol sniping event...LOL

found someonline but shipping is expensive. We need 1/2 " ar5000 steel plate so that it can stand up to rifles up to 338 when mounted as a gong target. Instant feedback should be fun

Al is using a Jericho 9 ( CZ 75 copy)
    Brad= BHP
    Scar= Glock 34
    Lx1x= Most likely a SIG

after that... It s the AR reloading drill ( 6 mags , 1 round in each mag) shooting at 100 yard steel plate. We shoot for time and hits.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Alright!!

Finally getting lx1x off his sofa/lazyboy and out to the range!!! :party29:

I'll have to practice my reloads for the AR, haven't spent too much time on that skill-set if I'm honest... :o

You can get the magnum rifle gong's that handle up to 30-06 online, forget the pricing though.

Instant feedback is definitely a must-have, hearing the 'ping' is just too much fun. :D

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    with Al closeby and shooting at steel plates... thats really something to consider. wait til gets some hacksaw blades:D

Very, very true - although at 100+ yards, I feel somewhat comfortable with the odds of being hit by a peeled jacket or something like that (for handguns anyways)..., now if he asks for that print out, I'll be worried..., and quite curious to see if it is really that easy..., hypothetically of course. :innocent0

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Alright!!

Finally getting lx1x off his sofa/lazyboy and out to the range!!! :party29:

I'll have to practice my reloads for the AR, haven't spent too much time on that skill-set if I'm honest... :o

You can get the magnum rifle gong's that handle up to 30-06 online, forget the pricing though.

Instant feedback is definitely a must-have, hearing the 'ping' is just too much fun. :D

yesterday.. i wasnt in the sofa!! was in bed snozing.. LOL (after i did some yard work).

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    lx1x,
    crazyal is after your cicada shooting record... he said, since you only did it once. He considers that a lucky shot. ( Its okay man, I'm egging you so that you show up at the range)

crazyal ( aka lord of the range) says " he misses you " ( thats an upgrade from " I cant quit...you!). Its really a subtle challenge to bring out your 10/22 and give Al a good spanking..LOL

BTW, I'm raising funds to send Al to an NRA RSO class... Henry( the Arbiter) needs a bit of help down there. That should go well with the special edition" golden" rape whistle that we are getting Al for his birthday. Imagine Henry and Al with rape whistles.... We are getting whistled at in full surround sound. Sweeet!

So.. Neil, you in for that long range pistol shoot?

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    lx1x,
    crazyal is after your cicada shooting record... he said, since you only did it once. He considers that a lucky shot. ( Its okay man, I'm egging you so that you show up at the range)

crazyal ( aka lord of the range) says " he misses you " ( thats an upgrade from " I cant quit...you!). Its really a subtle challenge to bring out your 10/22 and give Al a good spanking..LOL

BTW, I'm raising funds to send Al to an NRA RSO class... Henry( the Arbiter) needs a bit of help down there. That should go well with the special edition" golden" rape whistle that we are getting Al for his birthday. Imagine Henry and Al with rape whistles.... We are getting whistled at in full surround sound. Sweeet!

I'm a Cheif Range Safety Officer, I would be happy to teach the RSO class for anyone that wants it. The only catch is each student pay for the student pack and volunteer at MG. They need all the help they can get to keep the range safe.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    lx1x,

w/ my recent (lack of) rifle shoot.. i dont doubt he can out shoot me.. the guy lives there!!!

im in for the pistol shoot.. i just need to double charge my ammo so it will reach 100yds. :lol2:

I'm a Cheif Range Safety Officer, I would be happy to teach the RSO class for anyone that wants it. The only catch is each student pay for the student pack and volunteer at MG. They need all the help they can get to keep the range safe.

are you sure you want to deal with Al?? you need to have 2-3 day class for him. (he WILL ask too many questions). :lol2:

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code

when? also any other NRA classes?

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location

Pencil me in for that..

Group buy on rape whistles... joking aside, we really need to keep MG safe. I got muzzle swept twice yesterday. Its not a food feeling. I told the shooters to be mindful of where the muzzle on his guns are pointed. also seen folks charging pistols while the muzzle is pointed sideways at the firing line.

We need RSO volunteers at the grove... because anarchy sucks when everyone is holding a loaded gun.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    The 40 grain ammo that brad was firing only dented the brass on empty shotgun hulls at 100 yards. That was freakin weird.... its good for onion skinned prey such as ultra liberal democrats.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Pencil me in for that..

Group buy on rape whistles... joking aside, we really need to keep MG safe. I got muzzle swept twice yesterday. Its not a food feeling. I told the shooters to be mindful of where the muzzle on his guns are pointed. also seen folks charging pistols while the muzzle is pointed sideways at the firing line.

We need RSO volunteers at the grove... because anarchy sucks when everyone is holding a loaded gun.

being an RSO is not a bad idea.. (just renewed mine recently). they do need one there during the weekend. but then again, also depends on the powers to be if they like the idea of having a volunteer program there. we all know how they love volunteers! :cool:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    You'll just have to be 'Unofficial Volunteer's' then. ;)

And yes, the 40gr .22 at 100+ is not impressive with it's lack of penetrating power - although it punches paper and cans just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom