MoCo Committee Vacancy Announcement (2012)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KevinB

Dec 4, 2008
    Germantown
    County Executive Isiah Leggett is committed to representation on all of the County’s boards, committees, and commissions that is reflective of, and responsive to, our County’s residents. Public participation contributes to the work of County government and provides an important service to the community when a variety of issues, concerns, and viewpoints are presented. Currently, there is a valuable opportunity to serve on the following:

Committee Evaluation and Review Board
    Firearm Safety Committee

The deadline for application is November 18, 2011.

Please share this notice with anyone who may be interested. You may access vacancy announcements for boards, committees, and commissions through the following link.

http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/apps/exec/vacancies/pr_list.asp

Applicants of diverse backgrounds, professions, gender, geography, disability and ethnicity are encouraged to apply. An application, consisting of a brief cover letter and resume, should be sent by mail to County Executive Isiah Leggett, 101 Monroe Street, 2nd Floor, Rockville, MD 20850, or by email to countyexecutive.boards@montgomerycountymd.gov. Home and employment addresses, as well as contact phone numbers and email addresses should be included. If appropriate, applicants should indicate the position for which they are applying.

Members of County boards, committees and commissions may not serve on more than one such group at a time. Members of these boards are eligible for reimbursement for travel and dependent care for meetings attended. Leggett’s appointments are subject to confirmation by the County Council. Applications of those selected for appointment are made public as part of the confirmation process.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    These committees are pointless and incredibly self selecting in participation. Basically, committee members with the dominant ideology select clones like them over and over and over again.

Frankly the best thing for the County would be to eliminate these parasites with aspirations of greatness.

CHUNKERMD

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    West MD
    I know 2 people on this committee and they are firearm enthusiastic and Pro 2A.

Not 100%..... but I believe the primary function is to approve public and private ranges.

YMMV.

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Actually, this was discussed last year. A couple of members tried to get on this. I think one was Boricuamaximus. Not sure what the outcome was.

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    Actually, this was discussed last year. A couple of members tried to get on this. I think one was Boricuamaximus. Not sure what the outcome was.

THey sent me a letter of "thank you for applying"

In all the people did not seem too bad. I did not get the feeling of crazy-anti.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom