• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    The Baltimore Sun reporter investigating the MSP spy case has been notified.

You'll have to pardon me for being cynical, but unless this incident can somehow be blamed on Ehrlich, which is extemely unlikely given the info we have, the B.S. Is going to simply bury the story, or spin it in a way that supports the actions of the MSP and the current administration. The Sun is nothing but a propaganda tool for the democratic party.

navycrna

Smell My Face
    Feb 28, 2007
    howard county
    You'll have to pardon me for being cynical, but unless this incident can somehow be blamed on Ehrlich, which is extemely unlikely given the info we have, the B.S. Is going to simply bury the story, or spin it in a way that supports the actions of the MSP and the current administration. The Sun is nothing but a propaganda tool for the democratic party.

I would tend to agree. I don't really expect a whole lot from the Sun in regards to a fair and factual report.

IronicEnigma

Apr 6, 2008
    Abingdon
    Hoping to be free the day of the Frosh hearings, want to go down there and stir the poo-pie with Frosh.

I am pretty sure some press will be there, so on one front we can win by exposing this in an official hearing, and if they don't want to hear it, find the press and make the argument that the hearings are a sham, that Frosh is willing to overlook law-abiding gun owners and how the MSP are lying to force compliance to run an illegal spying operation on lawful gun owners.

tpy77

Ultimate Member
    Sep 27, 2007
    P.G. Co.
    Hoping to be free the day of the Frosh hearings, want to go down there and stir the poo-pie with Frosh.

I am pretty sure some press will be there, so on one front we can win by exposing this in an official hearing, and if they don't want to hear it, find the press and make the argument that the hearings are a sham, that Frosh is willing to overlook law-abiding gun owners and how the MSP are lying to force compliance to run an illegal spying operation on lawful gun owners.

You might want to bring some handouts of the Newsweek article about the Berwyn business. That sort of thing stings when some of the legislators go to
    conventions/meetings out of state and they're giving the "Free State" pitch. It ties in, as this could have become something similar.

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    I wonder how they deal with reloading? Seriously, we can all buy tons of ammo in the mail... same with powder, bullets, etc...

Aside from the cost savings, I guess this is just another reason to reload.

Though it does make me think now... as I went to Bass Pro the other day and they indicated that the government has made them stop selling reloading gear. Humph. Now I'm wondering if that's in order to remove the loophole.

LowRecoil

Federalist
    Mar 18, 2007
    Harford
    Don't forget that there was an article out that the credit card companies must submit purchase info to the govt. Keep that in mind when buying online.

As for the victim at hand, I would strongly encourage him to contact Senator Alex Mooney. He has been one of the few MD Senators who is on the side of gun owners. His office could achieve more than the Baltimore Sun any day.

Do not think of moving out of state. You must stay and defend your rights before this spreads to other states.

biermkr

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2007
    Almost Heaven
    Don't forget that there was an article out that the credit card companies must submit purchase info to the govt. Keep that in mind when buying online.

As for the victim at hand, I would strongly encourage him to contact Senator Alex Mooney. He has been one of the few MD Senators who is on the side of gun owners. His office could achieve more than the Baltimore Sun any day.

Do not think of moving out of state. You must stay and defend your rights before this spreads to other states.

I am with you 1000% on this.

RobG

Jul 23, 2008
    Catonsville
    In somewhat unrelated news, Ron Smith, WBAL talkshow host and recent addition to Baltimore Sun weekly column staff on Wednesdays, was provided this link, http://www.cato.org/raidmap/, to a map of botched police raids including injuries and deaths.

Thought I'd pass it along.

Andras

Aug 12, 2008
    Charles Co.

FWIW, the credit card reporting is for PAYEEs only, and only for those who receive more then $10,000 in payments.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I wonder how they deal with reloading? Seriously, we can all buy tons of ammo in the mail... same with powder, bullets, etc...

Aside from the cost savings, I guess this is just another reason to reload.

Though it does make me think now... as I went to Bass Pro the other day and they indicated that the government has made them stop selling reloading gear. Humph. Now I'm wondering if that's in order to remove the loophole.

They know how much powder you buy already.

Bass Pro told me they stopped selling reloading gear because it wasn't moving. Why would the government make them stop selling dies and let them sell powder?

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    They know how much powder you buy already.

Bass Pro told me they stopped selling reloading gear because it wasn't moving. Why would the government make them stop selling dies and let them sell powder?

Just another case of an undertrained employee speaking of things he or she knows nothing about.

Some anti probably told that employee how dangerous it was to allow criminals to make their own ammo that couldn't be registered....:sad20:

BraveUlysses

Apr 26, 2008
    When I first read this thread I didn't know if I should take it with a grain of salt because its hard to believe things like this happpen. But after reading about the "Mayor and his dog" and reading some of the items in RobG's CATO LINK I'm astonished.

Here's another one that happend here in Baltimore City quoted from the CATO. They barged into his home WITH NO WARRANT and CONFISCATED ALL OF HIS GUNS. I verified this story via news reports with Google.

David Scheper and Sascha Wagner.

On August 18, 2005, police in Baltimore, Maryland force their way into the home of David Scheper and Sascha Wagner. Thinking they are being robbed, Wagner calls 911, telling the operator, "There's someone breaking into my house." Scheper slams the door on the officers, who never announce they are police.

The officers then shatter the glass on the home's front door. Scheper stands just inside, holding his 12-gauge shotgun. He doesn't have ammunition, but he hopes that racking the gun within earshot of the door would scare off what he still believes are intruders. When they don't leave, Scheper retreats to his basement, and grabs the only functioning weapon in his house, a CZ-52 semiautomatic, what he calls a "piece-of-junk Czechoslovakian pistol." As Scheper struggles to load the weapon, it accidentally discharges, sending a round into the floor of his basement.

Police would eventually enter, and seize $1,440 in cash Scheper says he had recently withdrawn to buy a used pickup truck. According to the Baltimore City Paper, police also "...hit a 70-year-old art-deco-style metal desk with an ax. They took 18 of Scheper's guns--mostly inoperable antiques, he says--and some gun-shaped props he had built for movies. 'They threatened to blow up my safe,' Scheper says, so he opened it for them."

The police had made an error. They also had no search warrant. They were looking for a tenant Scheper had evicted weeks earlier. Nevertheless, police still put Scheper's antique gun collection on display for the local news as part of a "roundup" of illegal weapons they'd found in two local raids.

The only charge to come of the police visit to Scheper's home was one against Scheper for firing the weapon in his basement, which carried a $1,000 fine and a year in prison. Prosecutors eventually dropped that charge, but only after Scheper's lawyer successfully fought to get Wagner's 911 call admitted as evidence, over the objection of prosecutors.

Source:

Edward Ericson, Jr., "Breakin? All the Rules; Prosecutor Drop Case Against Man Who Says Plainclothes Police Tried To Force Way Into His Home Without Warrant," Baltimore City Paper, December 21, 2005.

August 18, 2005

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    So it WAS Fred's. I guess MSP's got my ammo purchasing info too.:mad54: At least it's for one I own. I haven't bought there since the incident I had with them logging my sale. What complete BS this is. Guess I better beef up my doors, bar the windows, get out my masks and wait for the SOD.

I'm going to invent the doorbell that sings, "You got a warrant?", to the tune of "We're in the money.":rolleyes:

Magnum

Feb 5, 2007
    New Windsor, Maryland
    This happened to that guy because of giving personal info when buying ammo from the dealer.
    I know that the Gun Shack in Mt. Airy does not do this when buying ammo, but it got me thinking that why does the Gun Shack require drivers license and signature for buying gunpowder? Is this part of the same ruse that MSP is using? Or is this a state law for buying gunpowder?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom