CVA Hunterbolt #11 - Anyone Have/Had One ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I have a question about the bolt/hammer assembly. Has anyone ever had an issue with not being able to lift the bolt handle after firing ? The gun works flawlessly, except for the new issue of having to pry the hammer back about 1/8" to be able to lift the bolt handle in order to slide the bolt back. This is an original #11 cap set up.

I have completely disassembled the bolt for cleaning and maint. and put it all back together properly. I was able to get it sighted yesterday and acquired nice 2" groups at 50 yards.

Really nice gun. I don't care for the cheap hollow composite camo stock and would like to sell this gun, but, I have resolve this minor issue with the bolt action first.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    PROBLEM SOLVED ! WORKS GREAT NOW.

Problem solved with the CVA bolt action hang up. I had to tap the recock finger back down on the hammer shaft and put a dab of red locktite on it. I reblued all the bolt assembly parts, oiled them well, put it all back together, and dry fired it 4-5 times and it recocked perfectly. The junk "press-fit" assembly had developed a space. Once I got it seated again, the bolt action works flawlessly now.

Really nice gun. I sighted it in at 50 yards back on Sunday and it took all of about 6 shots to put it on the bullseye. Shot 100 grains of Triple 7 with 295 CVA PowerBelts and it's ready for Deer hunting now. The new scope, rings, and bases are great. I don't particularly care for this gun myself, but, until I sell it, it will be ok for my nephew to use for this season. I have a few bucks invested in the scope and hardware, had to buy a couple new bolt stop screws, and had to buy the breech tool. I would like to upgrade to the 209 kit, but, I can not find the kit anywhere in stock.

Attachments

• CVA HUNTERBOLT HAMMER HANG UP.jpg
      CVA HUNTERBOLT HAMMER HANG UP.jpg
      82.6 KB · Views: 141

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads