• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WiseOldMan53

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 5, 2013
    Frederick MD
    NY Gun Confiscation Underway – Citizens Told to Turn in Pistol Owner ID & Firearms

“John Doe, an upstanding professional with no outstanding criminal convictions and no history of violent action received a letter from the [New York] Pistol Permit Department informing him that his license was immediately revoked upon information that he was seeing a therapist for anxiety and had been prescribed an anxiety drug. He was never suicidal, never violent, and has no criminal history. The New York State Department of Health is apparently conducting a search of medical records to determine who is being treated for anxiety drugs and using this as a basis for handgun license revocation. Those are the facts. Nothing more, nothing less.”

http://www.ammoland.com/2013/04/new-york-gun-confiscation-underway/#

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    Well there's a video that says "Don't talk to Police".

I guess I will now stop talking to my doctor.

Jan 15, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Can anyone corroborate this? I tried finding more info but came up empty handed. I really don't want to believe that things are getting this bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Like medical professionals said in other testimonies; People will stop seeking help if they feel that their rights will be revoked for the simplest of treatments.

The politicians seem to want to breed more Lanza's.. This is beyond ridiculous.

KL1

Feb 6, 2013
    Northern MoCo
    I hope there's more to this than the surface story. The NY SAFE act supposedly requires someone to actually have threatened/attempted suicide or threatened to kill someone. Just getting treatment is not supposed to be a reason for reporting or losing firearm rights.

BRONZ

Big Brother is Watching
    Jan 21, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Well we say its a mental health issue not a gun issue. So what are we suppose to do to keep guns out of peoples hands with mental health issues.

Anxiety is on the low side of the spectrum. The new mental health clause should be adjusted so folks needing to talk to someone or possibly being prescribed medication with no known side effects do not lose their 2nd Amendment rights.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Well we say its a mental health issue not a gun issue. So what are we suppose to do to keep guns out of peoples hands with mental health issues.

Anxiety is on the low side of the spectrum. The new mental health clause should be adjusted so folks needing to talk to someone or possibly being prescribed medication with no known side effects do not lose their 2nd Amendment rights.

Anxiety, like other disorders is NOT on the low side of the spectrum, but rather exists on a continuum from mild to debilitating. If I really wanted, I could make many diagnoses stick to "normal" people. It's not exactly hard... part of my job requires me to be an honest broker, but if someone has an agenda, you're in for a tough haul.

Mark

squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    Coming to a State near you!!!:mad54:

They already tried it a couple years ago. I think it was Simmons who proposed a bill to remove firearms rights from anyone who had been treated for any mental health condition listed in the DSM-V.

When this happened, I said that the antis had finally found a socially acceptable method of instituting all-out gun bans:

1) Prohibit people with mental disorders from owning firearms
    2) Change the definition of "mental disorder" until it covers just about everyone

Everyone thought we were paranoid. What now?

Even on this forum, there are a LOT of people who like to talk about banning people with mental disorders from owning firearms, because they think it won't affect THEM. "Oh, I'M not depressed...those people that are shouldn't own guns anyway...just don't take them away from us 'sane' people!!"

They are dividing us, one small group at a time, until the "sane, law-abiding, responsible citizen" is seen by the government as no more than a myth.

If this does not generate nationwide outrage, then they antis have already won. Each chip they take out is another source of encouragement for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom