• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maesy

Mar 11, 2011
    Commonwealth of VA
    I'm from good Ol Virginny (originally from Calvert Co) and my cousin wants ME..of all people..to take her gun shopping in Southern Maryland. I am hoping there are some places in St Mary's or Charles county?

I coon hunt and have done some fox hunting up there but am unfamiliar with the shopping facilities up there...unless you count the Amish harness and feed shops :)

so any suggestions on where to buy a hand gun in Southern Maryland?

Llyrin

Yankee-Rebel
    Mar 14, 2009
    Charles Co
    Check out the Industry Partners section to find who here at MDS is in Southern MD.

I personally have purchased a Ruger P-95 from Accurate Guns & Ammo in Loveville (just north of Leonardtown) and can recommend them highly.

bbguns

Defend the Constitution
    Jan 28, 2010
    Heading to Free America
    Your other options in St. Mary's...

Tackle Box - you'll pay MSRP, might get good service (or not) depending on who is working, and could get lucky on a used gun;
    D's Outdoor Supply - tiny selection, not friendly, enough said;
    Southern Maryland Firearms - virtually no stock but can order anything.

Overall, you can see/handle more guns at the TB but will get better service, respect, and pricing at Accurate. If I were buying a new gun I'd go to Accurate Guns and Ammo...

Your other options in St. Mary's...

Tackle Box - you'll pay MSRP, might get good service (or not) depending on who is working, and could get lucky on a used gun;
    D's Outdoor Supply - tiny selection, not friendly, enough said;
    Southern Maryland Firearms - virtually no stock but can order anything.

Overall, you can see/handle more guns at the TB but will get better service, respect, and pricing at Accurate. If I were buying a new gun I'd go to Accurate Guns and Ammo...

+1

If there is somthing I want to see before I buy it that acurate doesnt have I will look at tackle box then go buy it from Acurate guns and ammo F the TB I will never buy from them. Acurate would most likely be your best bet I would start there.

empty5853

Aug 22, 2007
    Mechanicsville
    I give a big two thumbs up to Accurate as well!

Another :thumbsup: for Accurate.

As far as TB. The only guns I would buy would be off his used rack. I've bought 3 in the last few years and he did deal on those (a little). But new, forget it. He's the only place I've ever been to that charges MSRP right out of the MFG. catalog.

MT

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    Not too many local stocking dealers here in So Md. Best bet is to go to a range, check out the guns, rent one or two you like and then order it from one of the local FFLs. Mine can usually get a better deal if you don't need it yesterday. :rolleyes: PM me for info.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    In another thread they mentioned Rifles coming back to Walmart. Maybe check the local store in the county to see if they can help out.

Wally world in Caifornia MD carries rifles and shotguns already. If you don't mind the indignation of having a manager carry your firearm out the store and handing it to you as you leave, it can be a good deal. I personally prefer Accurate.
    As BBGuns said, the others aren't as good. Avoid D's like the plague. He's an arrogant ....

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    What are you looking for? Accurate has a little of everything. Rifles, shotguns, semi pistols, revolvers. TB has more selection, but as stated already, will charge you for it.

My vote goes to Accurate Guns and Ammo for the awesome service and attitude.:thumbsup:

maesy

Mar 11, 2011
    Commonwealth of VA
    she is looking for a handgun

lowoncash- YES she is hot! we're just a good looking family! and she is single! and looking! so am I ...but this isn't a personal ad or anything ha ha

I don't know the buying laws in maryland so I don't know if I'll be able to buy one up there. but I do need something for shooting coons. and I have no idea what an FFL is?? and i despise wal-mart so that is a nogo.

so tomorrow we're going to definately hit Accurate but we will probably browse a few of the other places.

THANKS so much y'all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom