• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikeyworks

Sep 20, 2007
    Bel Air, MD
    Now that we're getting up to regular firearms season for deer, I am looking for good deer processors in the Harford/Cecil County area.

Any recommendations?

My wife didn't really like me doing it in the garage last year. I still haven't ruled that out though.

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    I have a good friend who is a taxidermist and he has had a few KCC capes come in with a slice all the way up the neck to under the jaw

toddriver

Jan 23, 2008
    KCC

KCC all the way! I took a deer there that I shot during early muzzleloader and was super impressed. They are VERY clean, they do not use saws to contaminate the meat. All in all, it's the only place I'd take a deer.

Good sausage and balogna too.

Ridgely and Ferens: I hate to put down anybody, so all I will say is that the price is good, but you get what you pay for.

I have a good friend who is a taxidermist and he has had a few KCC capes come in with a slice all the way up the neck to under the jaw
    Um, that cut was probably done by who ever field dressed the deer. You do field dress, don't you?

@iriden I dropped a buck off at Buckland's this evening, they told me Bowman's did indeed close, but is now reopened.

@toddriver How does one butcher a large mammal without a saw?

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    Um, that cut was probably done by who ever field dressed the deer. You do field dress, don't you?

Field dress all the way from the balls to the lower jaw????? Not hardly, I wont even cut through the brisket. I know one of the hunters this happened to and the taxidermist has received a total of 3 capes like this from KCC.

toddriver

Jan 23, 2008
    IndespensibleDestiny,
    You have never done this? Easy, debone the hind quarters, separate the roasts and cut them into steaks. A bone saw is DEFINATELY not needed. I've butchered plenty of deer without a saw. It does take more time, though, but it's worth it.

xd40c

Business Owner-Gun Toter
    Sep 20, 2007
    East Earl, PA
    I had my doe processed at Bowmans. I'm pretty sure it is new ownership/management. Put they are 25$ less this year than last. I have had no problems with them, but last year a buddy had his order totally "butchered".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom