• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scottysan

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I was all set to buy a DPMS LR-308 AP4 when I ran across the Rock River Arms LAR-8. Like whoa! Nice rifle!
    I see that DPMS offers more configuration options, while the Rock comes stock with a match trigger and Houge grip(and is about $100 less expensive)

What are the other pros and cons here?

Caeb75

Full fledged member
    Sep 19, 2007
    Aberdeen
    Good luck finding a LAR8. There's a waiting list a mile and a half long for them...They are currently shipping the flat top midlength. I'm on the list for a flat top rifle length. The appeal for me was the fact that they use FAL magazines instead of a proprietary mag.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Actually Scottysan and I found one in a gunstore last week. It was hanging on the wall with the other black rifles when I saw the FAL mag in the well. It was sweet. Also found a Bushmaster chambered in .450 too.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    So did they actually get them running right? I read somewhere that someone tried to make an AR-10 that took FAL mags, but they couldn't get the mags to line up right or something...

Caeb75

Full fledged member
    Sep 19, 2007
    Aberdeen
    Actually Scottysan and I found one in a gunstore last week. It was hanging on the wall with the other black rifles when I saw the FAL mag in the well. It was sweet. Also found a Bushmaster chambered in .450 too.

They are avail, just not in the configuration I want. I want the 20" barrel with the flat top and A2 stock. The only config that's available right now is the 16" barrel with flat top and collapsable stock.

RipkinC

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2007
    Free America
    I want a semi-auto 308 that does a 10" or less at 1000yrds. I looked at fulton armory but they only offer 22", DPMS has 24" and I can't afford a knight Industries.
    RR seams nice but not as accurate (spec wise)
    Cobb is another option, but hard to find

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom