• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • R357

Jun 23, 2009
    Upper Marlboro
    Does anyone know of any upcoming AK build parties comming up in the near future?

I found some old threads on the subject but nothing recent and it is time for me to get (preferably build) an AK.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I have a flat and a set of rivits I do not need. as well as a press and a set of build tools I would like to get rid of.....

rcpd34

Peoples Republic Maryland
    Jan 29, 2009
    MD
    This could be cool. I have a SAR1 that needs work and an unfired WASR I'll prolly sell off.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    I have a rivet tool (bolt cutters with good jaws), rail alignment tool, and a spot welder.

Kits can be found on Centerfire systems, atlantic firearms, legion arms, apex gun parts, etc. I'd stick with a well-known vendor, and try for a numbers-matching kit -- the install will be easier.

Also, an original barrel is worth the extra $100 in hassle and time spent dealing with it.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I don't need to build, but I have a press, rivet jig, barrel pin jig, and trigger guard jig you can borrow anytime.

I have a rivet tool (bolt cutters with good jaws), rail alignment tool, and a spot welder.

Kits can be found on Centerfire systems, atlantic firearms, legion arms, apex gun parts, etc. I'd stick with a well-known vendor, and try for a numbers-matching kit -- the install will be easier.

Also, an original barrel is worth the extra $100 in hassle and time spent dealing with it.

Everything we need to build. Anybody have a good source for rear trunnions? My kit has the barreled front trunnion but no rear trunnion. It sounds like we have everything we need so when do we want to do the SMIBbuild party?

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    Everything we need to build. Anybody have a good source for rear trunnions? My kit has the barreled front trunnion but no rear trunnion. It sounds like we have everything we need so when do we want to do the SMIBbuild party?

I think APEX has rear trunnions. If you pick one up, can you grab one for me too so we can save on shipping?

IIRC, someone makes US-Made rear trunnions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom