Super Black Eagle vs. Super Black Eagle II?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Does anyone know what the difference is between the two? Is it just the trigger guard and recoil-reducing stock? Is the SBEII "American" basically a Super Black Eagle with a different trigger guard?

I was looking for a dedicated 3 gun shotgun, and came across some used SBE's at decent prices. (about $300 less than used SBEII's)

I've been using an 870. The extra pump/get-back-on-target time doesn't seem like much, but on the longer shotgun stages, can really add up.

Fustercluck

Aug 4, 2008
    Eastern Shore
    I have a sbe2 and my bro has a sbe. The chokes are a little nicer on the sbe2, but that is about it. Recoil is comparable. Neither would be ideal for 3-gun. There are benelli m4's on the used market that are similarly priced and would be a far superior choice for 3 gun and HD use. Fwiw, I am unable to ghost load my sbe2, but an m4 can, to get a 9th round loaded.
    D

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I have a sbe2 and my bro has a sbe. The chokes are a little nicer on the sbe2, but that is about it. Recoil is comparable. Neither would be ideal for 3-gun. There are benelli m4's on the used market that are similarly priced and would be a far superior choice for 3 gun and HD use. Fwiw, I am unable to ghost load my sbe2, but an m4 can, to get a 9th round loaded.
    D

Thanks. I wanted something left-handed, with a longer barrel than an M4 (preferably 24"), and for 3 gun, it needs to be able to reliably cycle 7 1/2 shells (which an M4 can't; at least my buddy's won't).

It seems the "standard" shotgun on the three gun circuit is the Benelli M2, but for around the same price, I can get a used SBEII, and for a few hundred less, I can get a SBE.

Fustercluck

Aug 4, 2008
    Eastern Shore
    My sbe2 is left handed model. I like it for hunting purposes, but for 3-gun the LH advantages are mostly lost, except perhaps the LH cast and reloads from lockback. The safety really is t used in 3-gun like it is for hunting. The m4's I have shot all cycled 7.5's reliably, but they were high brass 7.5's. M2 is a great alternative, if a used m4 is too pricey. With that said, if you could get a 7-rd mag extension for a lh sbe and cut the barrel down to 8", it would be really sweet. In that case, there would be no advantage of the sbe2 over the sbe.
    Happy shooting,
    Danny

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    My sbe2 is left handed model. I like it for hunting purposes, but for 3-gun the LH advantages are mostly lost, except perhaps the LH cast and reloads from lockback. The safety really is t used in 3-gun like it is for hunting. The m4's I have shot all cycled 7.5's reliably, but they were high brass 7.5's. M2 is a great alternative, if a used m4 is too pricey. With that said, if you could get a 7-rd mag extension for a lh sbe and cut the barrel down to 8", it would be really sweet. In that case, there would be no advantage of the sbe2 over the sbe.
    Happy shooting,
    Danny

My best friend has a M4, and his won't cycle the cheap, low brass stuff I use for 3 gun.

I think I may pick up that SBE, and a 7 round extension for it. :thumbsup:

Do you shoot 3 1/2" loads through yours? How bad is the recoil? The recoil on my 3 1/2" 870 is downright brutal.

Fustercluck

Aug 4, 2008
    Eastern Shore
    My best friend has a M4, and his won't cycle the cheap, low brass stuff I use for 3 gun.

I think I may pick up that SBE, and a 7 round extension for it. :thumbsup:

Do you shoot 3 1/2" loads through yours? How bad is the recoil? The recoil on my 3 1/2" 870 is downright brutal.

I only shoot 3" thru my gun. The ballistics on 3" for duck hunting are better than the 3.5's. I have tried 3.5 turkey loads, just for shits and giggles, and it really put a push in my shoulder, so to speak.
    D

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I only shoot 3" thru my gun. The ballistics on 3" for duck hunting are better than the 3.5's. I have tried 3.5 turkey loads, just for shits and giggles, and it really put a push in my shoulder, so to speak.
    D

I hunt goose, and like 3 1/2" Black Clouds for that. (although I've been told that it's unnecessarily by the internetz.)

For ducks, I have an 11-87 Premiere LH. I know the internetz say that they're unreliable, but for me, it is a sweet shooter; light recoil.

Fustercluck

Aug 4, 2008
    Eastern Shore
    I hunt goose, and like 3 1/2" Black Clouds for that. (although I've been told that it's unnecessarily by the internetz.)

For ducks, I have an 11-87 Premiere LH. I know the internetz say that they're unreliable, but for me, it is a sweet shooter; light recoil.

I don't think too much when it comes to duck hunting loads (as opposed to the obessions I have over pistol and benchrest rifle loads). lol. My older brother has a major duck hunting problem and has figured out exactly which load to use, based on the species of duck, location, etc, and I just accept it and follow his lead. He does nothing in life, other than take his kid to hockey games, work, and hunt ducks, so he has time to massage all the ballistics of duck loads.

d

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom