• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zombie_013

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 30, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    Went to Atlantic guns to discuss getting the Glock 21 gen 4 and had an excellent experience...actually, I always do. My GF always chats the big guy up - he talked to us for 30 minutes about nothing in particular. I know the industry partners are great; however I just wanted to mention the good service because some here are anti-Atlantic Guns.

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    I work for one of our Industry Partners and I bought my first Handgun from the Rockville Atlantic Guns location and I can't say anything bad about them.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I was in both the Rockville and Silver Spring stores on Wednesday. I've always been treated good in both stores and if you know what your looking at, good deals can be found.

powderhunter

May 29, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    I bought my Walther P22 & SW 15-22 during their April Sale. Nice people, great service & freindly environment.

I wonder about their Silver Spring location though, whether they measure up to Rockville location, because I had bunch of bad experiences with those clowns when I was dealing with them some twenty five years ago.

40gunner

Aug 2, 2010
    Atlantic Guns Are Good Dudes

I've been buying guns from Atlantic since the eighties. They've always been fair and good to me and supportive. They're a little bit different in there than some other gun stores. Until they get to know you they are more "business-like". A bit more reserved compared to the crew at Engage. I do business with both of them. They are my local gun stores. Done some purchases at the Gun Rack too and been very pleased.

Zombie_013

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 30, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    I've been buying guns from Atlantic since the eighties. They've always been fair and good to me and supportive. They're a little bit different in there than some other gun stores. Until they get to know you they are more "business-like". A bit more reserved compared to the crew at Engage. I do business with both of them. They are my local gun stores. Done some purchases at the Gun Rack too and been very pleased.

You're right about getting to know them.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Atlantic Guns staff have always treated me well and resolved my issues. I still find them on the pricey side, but they do have expensive overhead with their two stores.

I have gotten a few very fair deals over the years so I would probably buy off them again (though I tend to buy very odd things)

ArkFortyCal

Nov 27, 2009
    Atlantic Rockville is a good shop and I have purchased several things from them. I prefer the folks at Engage but I try to buy stuff at Atlantic to support them as well. Atlantic Rockville stocks a pretty good selection of ammo (for what I buy), not cheap but at least it's in stock of you need something ASAP. I've been to Silver Springs store twice, its nothing special to me

thx...........ArkFortyCal

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Went to Atlantic guns to discuss getting the Glock 21 gen 4 and had an excellent experience...actually, I always do. My GF always chats the big guy up - he talked to us for 30 minutes about nothing in particular. I know the industry partners are great; however I just wanted to mention the good service because some here are anti-Atlantic Guns.

Alot of people bad talk Atlantic Guns, in Rockville. Ive never had any bad experiences with them, they have always treated me great. I grew up not too far from there place -our family bought a bunch of stuff from them. They were always helpfull.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Are they giving a good deal on the Glock?

My experience is they sell at MSRP and really aren't interested in negotiating prices. Better deals can be found elsewhere IMO

I also wonder why they aren't an IP.

Zombie_013

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 30, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    Are they giving a good deal on the Glock?

My experience is they sell at MSRP and really aren't interested in negotiating prices. Better deals can be found elsewhere IMO

I also wonder why they aren't an IP.

Yeah, probably MSRP. I know they don't do any internet business as they claim they do not have the staff. They must make enough $$.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I have no complaints about Atlantic SS. I've been going there off and on for over 30 years, and been treated well.

I took an H&K in because I was worried that the recoil buffer was antique; they replaced it with a new one I brought in while I waited, no charge, and told me the old one was OK.

They're not gonna jump over the counter and slow-dance with you, but if they see you're interested they'll come across with information and assistance. When I got my 1st model Colt Woodsman off Gunbroker, they pulled up a xerox off the net about how to break it down. They didn't have to do that, they just volunteered.

A professional outfit. Not touchy-feely. Works for me.

MudRhino

Jul 8, 2011
    No complaints about the SS store; I was actually just in there yesterday. I've always been promptly helped and treated right. Prices seem to be generally on the high side but I did buy a Ruger 22/45 from them about a year ago during a Ruger special for $318 after all fees. They also had a Ruger representative in there who went over the gun with me. Could have probably talked me into spending a little more and going with the threaded barrel version but after chatting with me for a bit, recommended I just save my money and go with the bull barrel. Can't beat that (or the price).

Simon Yu

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2007
    Rockville
    Alot of people bad talk Atlantic Guns, in Rockville. Ive never had any bad experiences with them, they have always treated me great. I grew up not too far from there place -our family bought a bunch of stuff from them. They were always helpfull.

I actually picked up something from the Rockville store on Friday after not having bought anything gun related for two years or so. Not sure if they still recognized me (and definitely noticed a few people no longer there), but a friend that was with me when I was first filling out the paperwork noticed that I felt at ease talking with the clerks in spite of that gap of time.

I think that negative opinions people form tend to fall under one of two categories. The first is the pricing. This can be a big thing for a lot of people obviously. But as others have alluded to, rent in the parts of MoCo they maintain stores can be equated with financial sodomy. They are going to have higher costs compared to internet shops, Eastern Shore shops, and the like.

The other is that the service isn't great if you go in at a time they're busy. Trying to find a clerk not busy right in the shop a few weeks before hunting season is not a fun experience. That's a matter of bad luck more than anything else IMO though. Sometimes you just go in at a bad time to any business.

Despite this, there are some very good things about the store that some people may not appreciate.

First off, it bears pointing out that not all stores have to cater to everyone. For example, I can buy fruit at either an Asian market like H-Mart, Great Wall, or Lotte or I can go to an American supermarket like Giant or Safeway. I can get much, much better prices at the Asian places but someone not used to carefully examining fruit that's been dumped en masse instead of carefully arranged is likely better off at the supermarket. Similarly, Montgomery County has many, many people who may be buying their first gun ever and didn't grow up around shooting. They may not know any of the laws involved with firearm ownership. They could get better prices if they headed out a few counties away but that's not really something appealing if you're a total newbie. The folks at Atlantic are really, really good at helping the total newbie based on my own experiences when I was in that position and from observing them helping out other new future gun owners.

Another large segment of the population in the county Atlantic handles well is the person who has sufficient finances but nowhere near enough time, rather common among the professionals that fill the county. When you work 8 or more hours a day and your commute involves 495, commuting to go shopping for one item does not have much appeal. I've enjoyed dealing with the shops in other parts of the state I've been to but if I'm buying something regulated that's closer to Baltimore than D.C. then I'm looking at about four hours of driving total and the gas and wear on the car involved. That gas alone will be around $40 these days.

There's also the fact that Atlantic actually is open til 8 PM a few nights of the week. This is incredibly useful for those of us that do the ugly commute and frankly just makes good business sense. I could have saved maybe $20 if I got the CZ-75 I picked up Friday from an online shop or Gun Broker transferred to Engage and had them produce the shell casing the state needs, but while I do like Engage their hours simply did not fit my schedule. I can understand store workers wanting to close up and go home before dinner time like most non-retail workers (especially since I worked afternoon to night shifts for two years and hated it), but it means you won't be meeting the needs of a lot of people with money to burn more than one day a week (since the gun shops tend to be closed on Sunday).

Again, Atlantic Guns may not fit the needs of many people here due to the prices but that's okay. They fit the needs of many people in the county who are not served by other places in the state that are great stores, just not for all of Atlantic's clientele.

Eddie Van

Dude
    Feb 4, 2011
    Hollywood Star Lanes
    Atlantic Rockville is a good shop and I have purchased several things from them. I prefer the folks at Engage but I try to buy stuff at Atlantic to support them as well. Atlantic Rockville stocks a pretty good selection of ammo (for what I buy), not cheap but at least it's in stock of you need something ASAP. I've been to Silver Springs store twice, its nothing special to mel

This. i think Atlantic is fine, it's just that Engage is that much better as my local shop.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    High rent is really not an excuse for not dealing on anything in the store. It's MSRP or Fuggedabout

Engage is cheaper by far. I both a Colt Delta Elite NIB from Andy for less than Atlantic was trying to sell a used one.

My G29SF was literally hundreds cheaper.

To each his own.

Last edited:

SgtDorsey

Sep 6, 2011
    I've bought two guns from the rockville location maybe there not used to me nobody even acknowledges you when you walk through the door I travel to arundel firearms in glen burnie now very good ppl up there

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom