NO MORE LEAD BULLETS? ALL AMMO NOW IMPORTED?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsm7977

Nov 2, 2013
    I saw someone post an article on FB that all bullets now cannot contain lead (under Obamas EPA plan) and our ammo is going to have to be imported? Is there any truth to this?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    None.

Most of the lead in bullets comes from recycling lead-containing products.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I saw someone post an article on FB that all bullets now cannot contain lead (under Obamas EPA plan) and our ammo is going to have to be imported? Is there any truth to this?

That's a far out of the box possibility that is proposed but so far from being enacted its not worth worrying about. Closer to earth, new EPA regs are closing the US's only primary raw lead ore to bulk lead smelter. There are huge lead mines in Canada and I believe Mexico ... where the US EPA has no authority. Until they ban the import of lead (or Canada declares war), we are fine

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    That's a far out of the box possibility that is proposed but so far from being enacted its not worth worrying about. Closer to earth, new EPA regs are closing the US's only primary raw lead ore to bulk lead smelter. There are huge lead mines in Canada and I believe Mexico ... where the US EPA has no authority. Until they ban the import of lead (or Canada declares war), we are fine

Volumes of truth here.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I just remembered ... there is that "California" thing ... in California "environmentalists" are claiming that lead shot is getting into the environment and poisoning their state bird the condor ... they have banned lead ammo for outdoor use for most of the state ... this is true. Along with previous ammo restrictions, firearms hunting is now essentially banned in California.

Let me think ... where does lead come from? Oh, yeah ...

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    For a fee, I will accept lead bullets that are now illegal due to this EPA Action. Please do not attempt to fire them yourselves, the EPA has declared them unsafe.

I have access to facilities which will render them inert and into a safe configuration for disposal.

I can accept almost all common rimfire and centerfire calibers. For an additional fee I can exchange them for EPA-approved ammo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom