Firearms Store & Shooting Range in Calvert?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • csearly

Nov 20, 2011
    Hi there folks. I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself.

My name is Chuck Early, and I just recently started a firearms sales business this year, here in Prince Frederick. For now I am operating out of my home, and I don’t have much in the way of inventory, but I will order anything somebody might want (provided it is available). I am also currently conducting basic pistol, and home protection courses at a private range here in Calvert. I do have a website, but am in the process of upgrading it. Please feel free to take a look. www.freestatemilitiafirearms.com

I have recently been looking into the possibility of opening a shooting range here in Calvert. Currently, I am in the process of obtaining some market research, and putting together a very solid business plan and proposal that I intent to offer to a couple of key individuals. I have already spoken with some of the County Commissioners, and the Sherriff, and have their support. The only thing that looks to stop me at this point will be the capital funds, and EPA regs.

I certainly don’t want to give anyone a false sense of hope, as I have read the many threads of those who have come before me. I am quickly beginning to realize that this will not be an easy undertaking, but it is one that I know would be profitable, and is definitely needed.

In an effort to provide the shooting community with what is desperately needed here in So.MD I am keeping my sales prices low. Mostly, not more than $50 to $100 over wholesale on new firearms, and definitely under MSRP on ammo and accessories. My goal is to provide the best deal I can, but still try to make some profit to apply to future plans (i.e. - a shooting range). I will also do transfers for $50 on both pistols and long guns.

I am asking for your support to help get my business off the ground, and running. If you, or anyone you know is in the market for a new firearm, or in need of any ammo or accessories, please pass on my information.

As of right now I plan on getting a table at the Silverado Show in Nov. Please stop by, I would very much like to meet you all.

Chuck Early
    Free State Militia Firearms
    Prince Frederick, MD 20678
    (443) 968-0447

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    FWIW, I know Chuck. He's a good guy, will treat his customers right.
    And it has always shocked me that there is nowhere to shoot in Calvert County.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Welcome. We could use a good ffl in culvert. ;)

^This!

Best of luck in your range endeavor Chuck, if you build it, we will come. :D

Us local guys will keep you in mind for sure. :thumbsup:

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Welcome to the forum Chuck. I think I met you at the last Upper Marlboro Gun show.

kookymonstir

Feb 8, 2011
    St. Leonard Md
    Welcome Chuck! It's funny how I was just talking about having to go out of the county to shoot just this week. I'll keep you in mind for future purchases and I'll be watching for the new range to open up.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    I would like to help in any way I can but I'm already broke and soon to be even more.
    I'll look for you at the next Showplace show.
    Good luck with the range! I've been dreaming of one around here for many years.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    the more the merrier!

a range in calvert would be awesome, im in southern PG and MG is the closest place to shoot rifles, and even that is a decent drive, and its usually much too crowded on weekends anyway.

ill see you at silverado hopefully.

csearly

Nov 20, 2011
    Thanks for the good word Mike! :)

Oldsarge - I do transfers. $50 for handguns plus background check, and locks. $50 for long guns.

MD Medic - I haven't really worked out any discounts at this point. sorry. I will be scheduling some classes soon since I expect the weather to cool off in the next few weeks. Or if you prefer to set something up privately, just let me know. I would me more than happy to accommodate.

LimaVictor

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Southern MD
    Welcome aboard and good luck to you on your range venture! Hopefully it's located closer to the southern end of Calvert!

Hope to meet you the next time Silverado comes around!

bohman

May 20, 2012
    St. Mary's
    Good luck to you! I live in St. Mary's but I'd be willing to cross the bridge for good deals & service. Even more so if you were able to have a range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom