• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dice55

Jan 12, 2012
    New York State
    I am new to the forum and would like to say hello. Now I have recently purchased a Arisaka 99 Short rifle and the rear sight is missing the Anti aircraft wings and retaining screws for them. I have searched online and have found repro's but I would first like to try finding vintage pieces first. Does anyone know someone selling these or a place that does?

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    eBay has an entire rear sight assembly, you could try bidding on that. Finding just the wings and screws will probably be tough.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Also note that the AA wings were deleted on later series production to save time and money. So it may very well be that your T99 never had them. If you go here and ID your manuf. and series I can tell you what features are correct for your rifle.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Mine was made at Nagoya arsenal series 6 1939-45

6th series might be '42-43. They still had wings at that point. IIRC transitionals were in '44 mostly, then the Last Ditches in '45. My '44 Toyo Kogoyo is a transitional without the wings which is right.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    According to Don Voigt's The Japanese Type 99 Arisaka Rifle, Nagoya series 6 rifles had the early style ladder sight up to about SN 37,000. Beyond that SN range that they used a plain version that deleted AA wings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom