• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • You'll pay at least a 50% premium on most stuff at The Armory.

I stopped by there once a couple years ago while passing thru and he DID have good inventory, but prices were whack.

Case-in-point.... A Century/Yugo M70B1 - the "standard" Yugo AK - $450 at Shooter's Discount (or whatever Lou's place in Mt. Airy is called) - is $800 at The Armory.

$350 mark-up over market price? Fawk that.

I saw him at the PG show in Feb. He wanted $700 for a GSG-5. Said he'd sold 20 the day before....

Whatever. I'll just burn the extra $10 in gas and save $340....

Atlantic Guns in Silver Spring and Potomac Trading Post in Wheaton are also CIII dealers.

You'll pay at least a 50% premium on most stuff at The Armory.

I stopped by there once a couple years ago while passing thru and he DID have good inventory, but prices were whack.

Case-in-point.... A Century/Yugo M70B1 - the "standard" Yugo AK - $450 at Shooter's Discount (or whatever Lou's place in Mt. Airy is called) - is $800 at The Armory.

$350 mark-up over market price? Fawk that.

I saw him at the PG show in Feb. He wanted $700 for a GSG-5. Said he'd sold 20 the day before....

Whatever. I'll just burn the extra $10 in gas and save $340....

Atlantic Guns in Silver Spring and Potomac Trading Post in Wheaton are also CIII dealers.

Having been in "the business" and having to have paid the rent I completely understand where Hal is coming from. I have gotten many good deals from him because he knows if he throws a good deal my way, I'll buy it. :D

It's nice having a quality shop within 10 minutes of your house that has just about everything. :party29:

xd40c

Business Owner-Gun Toter
    Sep 20, 2007
    East Earl, PA
    Having been in "the business" and having to have paid the rent I completely understand where Hal is coming from. I have gotten many good deals from him because he knows if he throws a good deal my way, I'll buy it. :D

It's nice having a quality shop within 10 minutes of your house that has just about everything. :party29:

I don't know The Armory and I don't know Shooter Discount. I do know it cost a lot of money to mantain iventory. And I can't imagine Annapolis being quite as low rent as Mount Airy. Also, I live in Aberdeen, so I tend to frequent more convenient locations. Gas is not my only consideration. It Cost me over $480 per hour in sales to be out of the shop. At those kind of numbers, it easy to see why people will shop close and say it saves them money.

I don't know The Armory and I don't know Shooter Discount. I do know it cost a lot of money to mantain iventory. And I can't imagine Annapolis being quite as low rent as Mount Airy. Also, I live in Aberdeen, so I tend to frequent more convenient locations. Gas is not my only consideration. It Cost me over $480 per hour in sales to be out of the shop. At those kind of numbers, it easy to see why people will shop close and say it saves them money.

xd

I'm with you. My point was to illustrate the point that if you will buy things there are good deals to be had. I have never once overpaid for anything from HAL and I buy 4 or 5 guns a year from him. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    Christian Soldier on Harford Road also. Last time I was in there he had some supressors and a few machine guns - Thompson, Ruger AC556, M11-9, Reising. I asked him if he had any MG's and he pulled them out of the safe and showed me all of them.

oriley

Mar 25, 2008
    My Favorite NFA dealers

Glade Valley Sporting Goods in Frederick is one of my favorite c3 dealers in Maryland.
    Pay Richard a visit you will be glad you did.

The regular mg shoots are awesome as well!
    look for Richards Western Md. Shoot @ subguns.com

http://www.gunsunlimited.com/index.html

OldGunner

Jan 17, 2010
    The Armory in Annapolis.

Over a year ago I was in The Armory store and ready to purchase a new suppressor (literally had the cash in my pocket) for my M/11 subgun and when I made an inquiry the owner gave me a bit of a rude answer and walked away from me to answer a question from a customer looking at a zippered gun case. So, I didn't buy. I was a bit put off by what I perceived as bad customer service. Last fall, I went back and again inquired about buying a suppressor and I was told they're getting out of the class III business because "there's no money in that stuff". I was told they will only sell what they have in stock which at the time didn't include any suppressors.

I like the Armory because of the amazing selection he has on the showroom floor but my God his prices are so high I can't imagine buying a gun from him. Many prices are nearly 50 to 100% over the average retail price.

The original owner of that gun shop Bob Meck, of Bob's Coin and Gun was a great guy who always had a good deal on something. So I found myself going back all the time and sometimes buying things I really didn't need because they were such a good deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom