• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scott60158

Mar 10, 2013
    Harford
    I have a new colt 6920 and noticed that the sling swivel attached to the front sight post is below it. It is not mounted to the side as some others I have seen. Is there a way to easily change the position to the side.

My plan is to have the sling go from the side mounted front swivel to the rodgers stock with the qd swivel attached. Right now the sling twists at the front due to it not being side mounted.

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    I have a new colt 6920 and noticed that the sling swivel attached to the front sight post is below it. It is not mounted to the side as some others I have seen. Is there a way to easily change the position to the side.

My plan is to have the sling go from the side mounted front swivel to the rodgers stock with the qd swivel attached. Right now the sling twists at the front due to it not being side mounted.

This is what the doctor ordered. Just punch your bottom sling swivel out and put it in the spare parts bin in case you change your mind later down the road.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/223362/promag-side-sling-swivel-ar-15-matte

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Rather than start a new topic... I too have a 6920, but my sling mount is on the left side of the gun as was intended. I am a lefty and want to switch it to the right side. I can not see how to do that. There isn't a pin in there but more like a rivet, IIRC. How would I go about changing the position? Does the front sight have to be removed or am I missing something simple?

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    Rather than start a new topic... I too have a 6920, but my sling mount is on the left side of the gun as was intended. I am a lefty and want to switch it to the right side. I can not see how to do that. There isn't a pin in there but more like a rivet, IIRC. How would I go about changing the position? Does the front sight have to be removed or am I missing something simple?

Post a picture of your current sling mount please.

Sent from my phone using 2 cramping thumbs.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Just fyi new ones no longer come with the side mount from the factory except for the SOCOM.

Last edited:
    There are two pins holding the assembly to the FSB. I can see one of them in your pic. You need to remove those pins, not the hollow ended rivet that holds on the swivel itself.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island

That is a nice item that I haven't seen before, but really it took all of 5 minutes and 2 of them were getting the punches and hammer from the garage.

There are two pins holding the assembly to the FSB. I can see one of them in your pic. You need to remove those pins, not the hollow ended rivet that holds on the swivel itself.

Yes, I should have taken more time looking at it before posting that I thought the rivet had to be removed. All is good now. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom