• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Picked it up Saturday at Engage (thanks Andy!)and took it and my KKM 40 cal. conversion barrel to On Target to check it out.

Fired 100 rounds of 10mm 180g FMJ and 40 rounds of 10mm 175g Winchester Silver Tip JHP.

Put conversion barrel in and fired 100 rounds of 180g .40 S&W Speer Lawman. Bought 2 G20 15 round G20 mags and put A & G mag spacers on them I will use them for HD I will use the 10 round mags for carry . The 10 round mags don't have a place for your pinky like the 10 round G30 mags so I ordered Pearce grip extensions for them. They also fit the G30 9 round mags.

The G29 had zero malfunctions and the recoil doesn't seem harsh to me but I'm 6'1" and 225.The noise is louder than most other handguns but that's expected for a round this powerful.. Some of the folks shooting turned around to see what was making the big boom, I am ordering some 180g Double Tap to try for my carry ammo. This is a sweet shooter.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Very fine Sir. I think the SF grips are one of the best things Glock has done, love my 21SF.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Very fine Sir. I think the SF grips are one of the best things Glock has done, love my 21SF.

I wish I had gotten the G30SF when I got my G30. The difference is noticeable (to me anyway. so folks say they don't notice the 3mm reduction)

Love this weapon. Jeff Cooper was a genius. I can't for the life of me figure out why the FBI thought the round was not manageable. Oh I forgot, they hired 105 pound women for agents. Fail

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    jesus 10mm for ccw? i'd hate to piss you off :lol:

I figure if you are going to all the trouble to carry, might as well make it a big one! The G29SF carries and conceals well too.

I am very happy with this fella.

When I go to crappy places, maybe I'll carry the G29 in my Miami Classic II shoulder rig and my G30 as my BUG in a Supertuck.

Whaddya think?

:lol::lol:

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    For concealment, I don't like the pinky extensions as they tend to stick out. I've been learning how to shoot my SR9c without them for that reason. I'm still combat accurate without the full grip which makes me happy since I'm not an amazing pistol shot to begin with.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    For concealment, I don't like the pinky extensions as they tend to stick out. I've been learning how to shoot my SR9c without them for that reason. I'm still combat accurate without the full grip which makes me happy since I'm not an amazing pistol shot to begin with.

The Pearce grip extensions don't really seem to me to poke out at the rear any more than the 10 rounders seem to. The extra length is on the front for your pinky. I shot fine yesterday without it but I think my grip will be better with them. I use the G20 mags when I use my shoulder rig.

My carry holsters (Supertuck) are set to maximum cant so even a little bit more length on the backside isn't really noticeable (to me anyway). YMMV

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    I've been kicking around the idea of getting a G20SF for a while now... it'd be an easy choice if ammo wasn't so scarce compared to the other cartridges. I certainly wish, other than handloading, there were better defensive loads available. Speer Gold Dot, Winchester Ranger T, or Federal HST 10mm would be fantastic.

Jarhead FLSTI

Aug 31, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I picked up a used G29 a couple of weeks ago and shot it last weekend. I really expected a lot more recoil. Of course I still should have given my shoulder a couple more weeks to heal after the surgery 3 weeks before...

I would have loved an SF but I was really happy with the deal I found on this one. Congrats on your new toy.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I found 175g Winchester Silver Tips at Engage. Excellent round for SD. Gonna try some Double Tap as well. I think for a couple of years the 10mm was dying. I think it's making a resurgence. I think and hope ammo prices will fall if it gains wider acceptance. Where else can you get so much flexibility and power?

10mm
    40 S&W
    357 Sig
    9 x 25 Dillon.

What's not to like? My KKM 40 conversion barrel works great. 40 ammo is still cheap enough to shoot a lot of. When carrying, it's 180g of 10mm goodness.

Me likey

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    As someone who doesn't like the little .380 carry guns, I approve!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland

Glad to hear you like the 21SF joppaj as I've been contemplating buying one to keep my recently purchased 17 company. Only problem I have with Glocks is that they're butt-ugly compared to my S&W and Colt revolvers, and we middle-agers do appreciate our warm fires, blued steel and aftermarket wooden grips.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Glad to hear you like the 21SF joppaj as I've been contemplating buying one to keep my recently purchased 17 company. Only problem I have with Glocks is that they're butt-ugly compared to my blued steel wooden gripped S&Ws.

If you look in the handgun section, you'll see a thread I started about my revolvers. My Glocks my be ugly but swinokur nails it, they just flat out work. Get the 21SF if you like a .45, they're a very fun gun in my opinon.

They are indeed butt ugly. But they go bang every time you want them to.

:lol:

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Can't argue with the "bang every time". The 17 functioned flawlessly at the range first time out and I couldn't believe how well it grouped.

Captnstabn

Apr 22, 2010
    my 21sf is my favorite handgun by far. It's my nightstand gun, and goes to the range every time I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom