• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • live2hunt266

m770 30-06
    Jan 16, 2012
    Havre de grace MD
    I know the feds don't consider a muzzle loader a fire arms but what about the state of Maryland fyi this does pertain to me its just a curiosity

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    What are you researching?

Mt is a long way from Maryland

I personally feel a convicted felon has no business here in this form

further more your last post still leaves me confused about hand gun sales between private parties.

Something is fishy here and it's not me

Damifinow Fish

live2hunt266

m770 30-06
    Jan 16, 2012
    Havre de grace MD
    Well im moving back to Maryland in the spring and was curious about the laws
    I have family members who are convicted felons who bow hunt I just wasn't sure if they could. muzzle loader hunt or not I personally have a spotless record I've never been introuble with the law in my life and I fully intend on keeping it that way that's why I ask

itsatrap

Jan 6, 2011
    MoCo
    I heard in North Carolina, as long as its a reproduction that uses the winged caps its legal for felons, or so I was told by someone on the internet, so it must be true. I really don't have any worries about that sorta thing good to be clean.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    Maryland does not regulate (most) long guns, just handguns and "assault rifles."
    Federal law says that black powder and muzzleloading firearms are antiques and/or replicas and are therefore NOT firearms.
    An exception is BP/Muzzleloading rifle that can accept a centerfire barrel.

NOTE: In the end, 10 years and/or 250K fine is a butt kicker so check with an attorney.

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    Well im moving back to Maryland in the spring and was curious about the laws
    I have family members who are convicted felons who bow hunt I just wasn't sure if they could. muzzle loader hunt or not I personally have a spotless record I've never been introuble with the law in my life and I fully intend on keeping it that way that's why I ask

Well let me be the first to invite you out for some target shooting when you get settled in.

I would be very very careful having a fire arm around a felon. Guilty by association and you could loose your gun rights.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Well let me be the first to invite you out for some target shooting when you get settled in.

I would be very very careful having a fire arm around a felon. Guilty by association and you could loose your gun rights.

In fact, we've had a very recent thread, where police seized someone's weapons because their sister's boyfriend (a felon) had moved into the same house with them... even though the owner himself had done absolutely nothing wrong.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Maryland does not regulate (most) long guns, just handguns and "assault rifles."Federal law says that black powder and muzzleloading firearms are antiques and/or replicas and are therefore NOT firearms.
    An exception is BP/Muzzleloading rifle that can accept a centerfire barrel.

NOTE: In the end, 10 years and/or 250K fine is a butt kicker so check with an attorney.

this will get you a NICS check...;)

Drnknmnky13

Nov 12, 2011
    Baltimore
    Just to open some minds a little. A little story about my cousin. Got caught riding in a stolen car when he was 18. He is now 42. Grew up, married, has kids, completely different person now then we were at 18 (aren't we all?). However...because he is a "felon" he can not own firearms in MD. IMO if you can go 24 years and not get in any trouble ( I don't think he's even had a speeding ticket)... he should be able to purchase a handgun.

Just because someone is a felon doesn't make them evil.

dan8480

Gun Addict
    Feb 23, 2008
    Adams County
    Can't you have things taken off your record? Especially if it's been so long without being in any more trouble? I feel like you should be able to, especially if it wasn't a violent crime or domestic violence or something ...

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    IMO if you can go 24 years and not get in any trouble ( I don't think he's even had a speeding ticket)... he should be able to purchase a handgun.

Just because someone is a felon doesn't make them evil.

Yes it does!

If you willingly got into a stolen car, then your hanging out with the wrong crowd.

What rewards do I get for not being a felon?

oh wait

I can own regulated fire arms!

Jester1341

Pro Judge
    Apr 22, 2010
    Clear Spring, MD
    Yes it does!

If you willingly got into a stolen car, then your hanging out with the wrong crowd.

oh wait

wow i find that a little harsh, but the opinion is your own and you have the right to it. i agree that after a time that they should be able to be 'set back to normal' but by no means easily.

oh well i dont have to worry about that stuff either, im a good egg.

john

Biggie313

Molon Labe
    Feb 23, 2010
    Essex
    And then if a felon ever gets cleared and commits another crime (with a gun bought legally) there will be huge outcry

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    Yes it does!

oh wait

Drunken Monkey did not say anything about is cousin knowing he was in a stolen vehicle.

My personal opinion.
    Unless you are in presently in jail, it is your right to bear arms. If you have served your sentence for your crime, then you have served your sentence. (I can't help it that the judicial system is so f'ed up). Like Durnken Monkey's cousin, does he have no less right to defend himself and love ones? I do not think so.
    Will there be bad guys out there that will get a hold of a gun 3mins after they step out of jail to go find there next victim. You bet there will be..But guess what? Those are the guys that already don't follow laws to begin with. So if everyone who wants to arm themselves to protect themselves regardless should, then more people that make wrong choices in life can protect themselves also and not be victims, as well as deliver justice to those that do attempt to take their lives for whatever reason. It is a lot cheaper to bury bad guys then lock them up for 50years.. In Summary, let them all arm up, let the bad guys be bad guys they will get what is coming to them from the good guys(gun carrying good guys criminal history or not), God will sort it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom