• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Salty Dog

Ultimate Member
    Nov 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    From Ammunition to go. Does anyone know if this is good stuff? For .308 the price seems OK.

I'd be interested if I knew it was good ammo, but that's a LOT of money for a pig-in-a-poke!

Thanks!

"Radway Green British Military surplus .308 / 7.62 NATO ammo. It has a 145gr FMJ copper jacketed bullet. This ammo was manufactured at the Radway Green Arsenal in England, for the British Department of Aerospace. This ammo is stamped with the NATO cross and L2A2 headstamp. It is brass cased, berdan primed, non corrosive and mostly 1990s production. It comes loaded on 5rd stripper clips for use in M14 magazine guides, FAL mag chargers or Enfield 2A rifles...."

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    i hear its some decent ammo but turns off some people because its berdan primed making the brass useless to reloaders

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I've shot quite a bit of it and I like it.

Bean is right about the Berdan priming being a downside if one handloads, but if not handloading, this is typically 1st class ammo.

Prices have been all over the board, so I couldn't speak to the value of the buy, but the quality of the ammo is GTG.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    same stuff, .14 a round cheaper

SOG

Winchester USA3081 also pops up from time to time, clean accurate, and reloadable for about $130 per 200rd battle pack, pretty much the same price as the OP's ammo

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom