• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CWood

May 2, 2011
    S.MD
    Wife and I went Saturday afternoon and I was surprised to see lots of ladies shooting their own weapons and no Ass-hats. Great day of shooting.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Sunday was crazy! I got there at noon and was 2nd in line waiting for a table. The place was a mad house!

That's what I heard as well. 3rd Sunday I just haven't even bothered to try going.

Hate to say it, but it may be time for this thread to become a bit more tight-lipped about hours of operation and good times to hit the range (Not singling anyone out, since I'm just as guilty), it's just becoming insanely crowded there some days. Just a thought.

With the weather improving week by week, it's only going to get worse.

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    That's what I heard as well. 3rd Sunday I just haven't even bothered to try going.

Hate to say it, but it may be time for this thread to become a bit more tight-lipped about hours of operation and good times to hit the range (Not singling anyone out, since I'm just as guilty), it's just becoming insanely crowded there some days. Just a thought.

With the weather improving week by week, it's only going to get worse.

From now on i'm showing up early and bringing down a sign that sais "Range Closed Due to Ebola Virus" and putting it up next to the box for $5 passes.

And if anyone get's brave or misses the sign i'll be down there in my NBC gear yelling " GET OUT OF THE QUARANTINE ZONE!!"
    :D :lol2:

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I need to go on a weekday. Weekends at MG is like the DMV. Expect long lines and asshats on occasions.
    The EBOLA - Birdflu- H1N1 sign may not work on those that cant even follow simple instructions on gun safety.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I need to go on a weekday. Weekends at MG is like the DMV. Expect long lines and asshats on occasions.
    The EBOLA - Birdflu- H1N1 sign may not work on those that cant even follow simple instructions on gun safety.

This is true, and somewhat frightening. :sad20:

Me and al still waiting on a date for that head to head SCAR... :innocent0

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    From now on i'm showing up early and bringing down a sign that sais "Range Closed Due to Ebola Virus" and putting it up next to the box for $5 passes.

And if anyone get's brave or misses the sign i'll be down there in my NBC gear yelling " GET OUT OF THE QUARANTINE ZONE!!"
    :D :lol2:

:lol: :lol2:

YES!!! - I fully endorse and support that idea, it's just crazy enough to work!

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    it will only work if you wear them chem suits w/ gas mask on while shooting.. :innocent0

That could be arranged, I may be able to talk al into wearing one also, then he'd truly be Crazy Al, although I think it might mess with his cheek weld and eye relief... :lol2:

Lennyo3034

Feb 28, 2011
    I went down on Friday. There was a couple on table two and the guy was trying to teach his wife/girlfriend how to shoot and doing a terrible job at it.

He started by having her shoot several feet BEHIND the table. When asked to move up, she swept the table next to her. Round in chamber, finger on trigger. The guy next me an I both yelled at her for it and just got blown off. The guy she was with then started getting wordy with us wanting us to mind our own business.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    oh.. btw.. who let Crazy Al shoots a FAL this weekend?!? now he wants one! LOL

That would make a great April Fool's day!!

Wasn't me, must've been John, he let me shoot his new VEPR on saturday and now I want one, so I can't knock Al for wanting another toy.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I went down on Friday. There was a couple on table two and the guy was trying to teach his wife/girlfriend how to shoot and doing a terrible job at it.

He started by having her shoot several feet BEHIND the table. When asked to move up, she swept the table next to her. Round in chamber, finger on trigger. The guy next me an I both yelled at her for it and just got blown off. The guy she was with then started getting wordy with us wanting us to mind our own business.

View attachment 54382

If it ever gets too bad, call the DNR, no hesitation.

Muzzle-sweeping is bad enough, getting confrontational when firearms are available, no bueno.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom