• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darkness

May 29, 2008
    Mount Airy
    the title pretty much sums it up. i only want it as a fun gun. i know its an aow so what would i have to do to get the paperwork done. i figure it would make a mean companion for my new arsenal ak that i love.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    the title pretty much sums it up. i only want it as a fun gun. i know its an aow so what would i have to do to get the paperwork done. i figure it would make a mean companion for my new arsenal ak that i love.
    This will be answered very well in the NFA forum, but the short answer is than the Serbu super shorty is perfectly legal in MD with the proper tax stamp.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Yep, go to your local SOT (a NFA Dealer) and talk to them. They may be able to order it directly. They are a $5 tax stamp, and are transfered on Form 4.

If your dealer can't order it directly, just find your best deal online and have it transfered. The dealer's transfer fee will be more then the standard fee, shold be about $75-100 or so for a NFA transfer depending on level of service.

Darkness

May 29, 2008
    Mount Airy
    sweet i was so dissapointed when i found out i couldnt get a plr16. now i just need to hope i can get whichever local law enforcement officer i need to sign off on it.

Darkness

May 29, 2008
    Mount Airy
    ya i just finished reading that. it seems so damn complicated. i guess ill probably go the trust route just to save complications.

so do you order the gun threw a dealer than once it finally comes in then you file the paperwork with the atf? or can you file the paperwork while waiting for the gun.

ya i just finished reading that. it seems so damn complicated. i guess ill probably go the trust route just to save complications.

so do you order the gun threw a dealer than once it finally comes in then you file the paperwork with the atf? or can you file the paperwork while waiting for the gun.

you need the serial # of the gun to file the paperwork.

1. Buy gun
    2. Have transferred to SOT in MD (if you don't buy it from MD SOT)
    3. Do paperwork for trust
    4. send to ATF
    5. insert thumb for about 6 - 8 weeks.
    6. do wrist curls while waiting. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads