• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steve973

Enthusiast
    Feb 7, 2012
    Howard County
    Today I signed for my PSA stripped lower receiver! I was very nicely impressed with its quality. The finish is perfect and I'll soon see how the fit is. I will be doing my first build next month, and I promise to document it with plenty of pictures. I have recently bought a CMMG lower parts kit and those parts seem great, too. I'm really looking forward to assembling it once my ridiculous waiting period is over -- next Friday.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Today I signed for my PSA stripped lower receiver! I was very nicely impressed with its quality. The finish is perfect and I'll soon see how the fit is. I will be doing my first build next month, and I promise to document it with plenty of pictures. I have recently bought a CMMG lower parts kit and those parts seem great, too. I'm really looking forward to assembling it once my ridiculous waiting period is over -- next Friday.

The fit on all mine has been flawless.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    I'm very happy with my PSA upper.

Attachments

• _DSC5269.jpg
      _DSC5269.jpg
      164.8 KB · Views: 250

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    I plan to go with PSA for my upper and parts kit as well. Just gotta wait until I get the money to order it. Did you go with a PSA parts kit for your gun? If so, which one did you use?

My gun is actually a weird mix of parts. In the lower, I have a Spikes Tactical LPK, VLTOR receiver extension, Colt Castle Nut, Colt Action Spring, Spikes T2 Buffer, MOE+ Grip, MOE trigger guard, Magpul ASAP. The lower itself is one of Engage Armament's.

I will say that the PSA LPK produces a very similar trigger to the Spikes Tactical LPK, and I have zero complaints with the Spikes LPK.

Jstevens56

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2012
    Somewhere in Merryland
    My gun is actually a weird mix of parts. In the lower, I have a Spikes Tactical LPK, VLTOR receiver extension, Colt Castle Nut, Colt Action Spring, Spikes T2 Buffer, MOE+ Grip, MOE trigger guard, Magpul ASAP. The lower itself is one of Engage Armament's.

I will say that the PSA LPK produces a very similar trigger to the Spikes Tactical LPK, and I have zero complaints with the Spikes LPK.

That is quite a mix of parts, but hey, it makes it orginal! All the PSA reviews I've read have been good so it looks like my entire first AR will be a PSA gun, I can't wait to get it built and go shooting. Seems too far away.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    That is quite a mix of parts, but hey, it makes it orginal! All the PSA reviews I've read have been good so it looks like my entire first AR will be a PSA gun, I can't wait to get it built and go shooting. Seems too far away.

Yuuuup. I went with Garrett's recommendations (the gunsmith at Engage). Some of the old PSA buffer tubes are 6061 instead of 7075 aluminum and they may be sitting on some of that stock still. How much will this make a difference in your build? Probably not a whole lot. I like the VLTOR tube because it has numbers on it for stock position that show through my VLTOR EMOD stock.

Jstevens56

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2012
    Somewhere in Merryland
    Hmm...thats good to know. I guess I will have to call them before I place my next order to determine if I will be getting everything from there or doing more of a mix. Thanks for the info!

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    It took me about 25 minutes to assemble my rifle kit today when I got home. First impressions are pretty good. The standard stock and hand guards are not very impressive, but every other aspect of the rifle feels great. The LPK parts all fit well and the trigger is surprisingly good. Normally a weakness of the PSA kits, the safety selector fit is good and tight. I slapped a PA micro site and a Matech rear BUIS for range duty tomorrow.

474584_2843393453155_1508930307_32376991_892832257_o.jpg

Jstevens56

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2012
    Somewhere in Merryland
    I did the paperwork today for my stripped PSA lower. The guy that helped me at Gun Connection didn't speak too highly of the PSA lowers. I'm hoping that my lower goes well. Fingers crossed!

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I did the paperwork today for my stripped PSA lower. The guy that helped me at Gun Connection didn't speak too highly of the PSA lowers. I'm hoping that my lower goes well. Fingers crossed!

The lowers do not have the best finish on them but as far as spec's go the one's I've built on work great.

Jstevens56

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2012
    Somewhere in Merryland
    Yea, most of what I've read online seems to be that most people think the PSA lowers are great for the price, with only a few complaints. He wished me luck with the lower and said that most of the PSA lowers they've used for builds were out of spec.

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD

Nothing wrong with them, finish is not the best but it is a mil spec lower receiver.

I have 4 of their lowers, all transferred from GC. No problems with any of them besides the finish not being the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom