• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • screamingeagle

Mar 7, 2010
    Thought I would share this plus I got a new camera I wanted to try out. This particular FN 22 is a nazi Occupation pistol . When the Germans invaded Belgium they overtook John Browning's plant there.Along with the High Power the FN 22 was production was kept up to supply the German war machine. If you notice this FN22 has the "eagle over N" stamp this means it was for German police units primarily although often they would find their way into military service. The military stamps were produced with the familiar waffenampt eagle with a 140 suffix and a few others.
    DSC_0024-9.jpg
    DSC_0025-10.jpg
    DSC_0026-10.jpg
    DSC_0028-10.jpg
    DSC_0029-11.jpg

screamingeagle

Mar 7, 2010
    .32 Ohh, nice.... Where did you find it?

Thanks, my father gave it to me last year for a birthday present. I have been collecting WW2 firearms and other things for about 10 years and 1 day he says to me, "you know about old guns ,right?" I said yeah but mainly WW2 guns. he brings the pistol you see now downstairs and I said "really, you've had this forever and just now ask me about it". My eyes almost fell out of my head when I saw the eagle over N proofs. They are more rare then the waffenampt marked ones they also have an inverted triangle on the rear of the slide.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    I saw one of these the other days with blood pitting and the Nazi proof marks. Really cool guns.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Sweet!! I've been bidding on FN 1910s and 1922s recently but haven't been successful. This thread will keep me motivated until I get a nice one too!

screamingeagle

Mar 7, 2010
    Nice clean pictures - great pistol - I haven't shot mine yet. Are you planning on testing it out ?

Yes, I make it a point to shoot all of my pistols at least once,while holding my breath. Just worried about something breaking since all of my pistols match.It's a nice little pistol ,feels good in the hand.

screamingeagle

Mar 7, 2010
    great looking browning its a big part off history was your dad in the war

No ,no he's only 67 .My grandfather gave it to him but he wasn't in the war either.My father thinks he got it from a family friend years ago.Sorry no awesome story how he took it off a dead Nazi or anything:)

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    I have one of these with the nazi eagle markings but not as in such good condition as yours.

My grandfather won it in a poker match. Still have it. Need to replace the springs on it or something......

leroygibbs

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2008
    I thought the Eagle mark ones were more commonly .380 (9mm kurtz) but maybe my memory is fading...

Either way, that's awesome, nice pix too....

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Awesome gun. I'm a fan of the Euro 7.65mm (.32 ACP) guns.

Ditto. I'm coming around to loving all the neat European.32 autos out there. I've been collecting commercial .32s from Colt, Savage, H&R and Webley but now I'm scouring listings for Walther PPs and Mauser HSCs and 1914s. After getting that nice Sauer 38h I'm hooked!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom