• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I've been waiting patiently to see this BA build..........:needpics:

Sorry dude I know. Wife is extremely sick and I have not had time to take the pics like I want.

Will SO try to get them done soon. Again sorry they are not up yet. I am also waiting for my suppressor to clear BATFE. Unfortunately that will be another 3 months or so.

Dave

SkunkWerX

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2010
    MoCo/HoCo border
    Dave, take care of the family, it comes first.
    Hope the wife gets better soon.

The build sounds great, with the exception of the dropping incident, condolences on that bit of badness.

Good luck and hope things start looking up for you. :thumbsup:

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Dave, take care of the family, it comes first.
    Hope the wife gets better soon.

The build sounds great, with the exception of the dropping incident, condolences on that bit of badness.

Good luck and hope things start looking up for you. :thumbsup:

+1

Family comes first.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Dave has some family stuff going on right now. Im sure he'll get around to pictures as soon as he can.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Sorry it took so long. Here are two pics of the 9mm SBR build so far. One is a loaner and the other is my new little guy next to a standard 16" AR with stock extended.

The Build:
    Spikes Tactical Zombie lower
    CMMG ramped 9mm bolt
    SSAR bumpfire stock (a lot of fun but might be changed out for the new design)
    Gemtech Talon upper w/7" barrell and free float handguard.

Still waiting on Multipount can to be approved and LRM169 integral suppressed upper. Will post pics once they get approved.

Thanks for being patient.

Dave

9mm1.jpg

9mm2.jpg

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    So you did end up getting that LRM169 upper! :thumbsup: We'll have to have a 2 gun integrally suppressed 9mm AR shoot off. I've also got 2 of these 9mm hush puppies. :)

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    So you did end up getting that LRM169 upper! :thumbsup: We'll have to have a 2 gun integrally suppressed 9mm AR shoot off. I've also got 2 of these 9mm hush puppies. :)

Sweet. Hopefully the wife gets a lot better soon so I can finally make it out to the range with you.

Dave

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Sweet. Hopefully the wife gets a lot better soon so I can finally make it out to the range with you.

Dave

You need to come down one of these Fridays and qualify at AGC for our full auto shoots. Then you can drop your suppressed upper on an M16 lower and have some real fun. :D

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I am doing a 10.5" SBR build as well. One of the things I am waiting for for that build, besides the Form 1 is a PDW stock from SPEXDefense. It looks sweet.

Once I get my Form 4 back and get the other SSAR SBS stock on I will post more pics. Will be a month or so more. Thinking around the first to middle June. Went pending Dec 28th.

Dave

OH IT'S KINO

Southerner
    Feb 16, 2011
    Ameritopia
    Mega, what kind of velocity are you getting with that 5" barrel? I'd love to do a suppressed 9mm SBR AR in the near future and I'm trying to figure out an optimal barrel length to go for. I'd like to keep the increased velocity of a longer barrel, but love the short barrel for looks and manuverability. Did you do any research into what was the best barrel length, and why did you end up going with 5" vs ~7" or ~10"? Thanks!

Dave, looking forward to your build!

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    Mega, what kind of velocity are you getting with that 5" barrel?

I honestly do not know as I've never chrono'd it.

I would suspect it should be very similar to a 5" handgun with 115gr (supersonic) or 147gr (subsonic).
    With 115gr, I can hear the 'crack', but not with 147.

Unscientific I know, but should be pretty close to a 9mm handgun so far as velocity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom