Just picked this up yesterday!

utf-8BSU1HMDAzNDgtMjAxMjAzMjctMDkwOC5qcGc.jpg
    [/IMG]

utf-8BSU1HMDAzNDktMjAxMjAzMjctMDkwOS5qcGc.jpg
    [/IMG]

stever

Jan 7, 2009
    harford county
    It has the standard lifter but the loading port is beveled on the sides and front edge. The work appears minor but does make a difference in my loading speed. The safety is larger and feels like aluminum.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    It has the standard lifter but the loading port is beveled on the sides and front edge. The work appears minor but does make a difference in my loading speed. The safety is larger and feels like aluminum.

I'd like to see that loading port if you wouldn't mind taking a few pics.

As far as the safety, a metal one is a big improvement but this one I got from Brownells is well worth the $25
    http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=42121/Product/MOSSBERG-500-590-930-935-TACTICAL-SAFETY

stever

Jan 7, 2009
    harford county

anthonyjhallen

May 16, 2011
    APG
    If they would throw the SPX sights on one of these, I'd be in line for a 22 or 24" model for sure.

Or just a 22 or 24" SPX even.

They only have the those A2 sights on the 18" model, and its not threaded for chokes.....so I ordered a 24" non ported, vent rib, accu-choke model for $158.

I called Mossberg looking for a JM model barrel and the lady said that they where only avaiable with the JM gun. I hung up the phone called right back and before I could tell the new lady exactly what I wanted she said $158....apparently they are selling lots.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    They only have the those A2 sights on the 18" model, and its not threaded for chokes.....so I ordered a 24" non ported, vent rib, accu-choke model for $158.

I called Mossberg looking for a JM model barrel and the lady said that they where only avaiable with the JM gun. I hung up the phone called right back and before I could tell the new lady exactly what I wanted she said $158....apparently they are selling lots.

I considered that, but I want the ghost ring sights, and I don't want to destroy the SPX barrel cutting the tower off the factory barrel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom