• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amish

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2008
    Fredneck
    Currently I try to keep a inventory of all my ammo using a crude spreadsheet, however it doesn't fit my needs that well.

I'm looking for an ammo inventory program. I've found some firearm programs, but they are more geared towards gun inventory.

What I would like is to be able to create a ammunition type, record initial inventory. Then as I buy or shoot ammo, I can create entries that log that and update the total. Inputting variables such as purchase price and location would be great as well.

Also, currently with my spreadsheet, I have two ammo sources. One a long term inventory stored in ammo cans (think of your savings account). The other is ammo stored in my range bag (think cash in your wallet). I track the ammo can inventory closely, but the range bag ammo not so much. It would be cool for an app to be able to move ammo between storage locations.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I havent but I would think a little excel spreadsheet would work fine with a few macros (I suck at it)_ frankly I wouldnt be able to keep up with it.

I have just started a "gun inventory", timed with my annual oil and corrosion check. It has revealed to me that I have to many guns (seriously).

P.S. you will start seeing some photos as I have been "linking" a photo to each spreadsheet line. This might be useful for surplus ammo too to get a a photo of the headstamp.

mudd4life88

Mar 18, 2009
    Essex, MD
    We use a free download from cnet to help with our off the record inventory at work. It will track amounts, different suppliers, when to restock etc.. It could be adapted for ammo inventory. It's called Inflow Inventory Software.

amish

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2008
    Fredneck
    Tin foil hat time: what are the odds that the .gov folks are riding our computers seeing who has what.....?

That's why I keep that excel file in an encrypted container. TrueCrypt. I love it.

We use a free download from cnet to help with our off the record inventory at work. It will track amounts, different suppliers, when to restock etc.. It could be adapted for ammo inventory. It's called Inflow Inventory Software.

Thanks, I'll take a look at it.

omalon

Aug 9, 2009
    Anne Arundel

I have been using the free version of InFlow Inventory Programfor the past 2 months and it's much easier than the Excel Spreadsheet I was using. I set my guns up as customers and I can track the ammo use for each gun. The reports are very easy to use and gives me a excellent idea of the cost per gun and the ammo used by each gun.

Best thing, is the prgram is free....................

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    If someone would like something custom developed, let me know. Always looking for little projects to do for cross-platform. I can write code for Windows, Mac and Linux so if there are specific desires/needs, I'd be happy to take a swing. Either standalone or web-based.

Matt

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Still using Excel. Keeps track of model, ser#, caliber, magazines, finish, accessories and any add-ons. It works for what I need it for and easy to backup. I just have to remember and update the description everytime I change one of the AR-15s characteristics or get another mag...:sad20:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    one of our members posted a program on here a while back to keep inventory of your firearms and ammo....i'll try to find the thread

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    If someone would like something custom developed, let me know. Always looking for little projects to do for cross-platform. I can write code for Windows, Mac and Linux so if there are specific desires/needs, I'd be happy to take a swing. Either standalone or web-based.

Matt

Do you know Objective-C?

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    you have to go in and manually create a folder called "pics" or else the program can't send the pictures anywhere...it tells you how in the readmefirst doc

amish

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2008
    Fredneck
    I think I got a bigger issue than that.

During installation it goes through about a dozen .dll's that are newer on my computer, but it wants to replace. I keep my newer ones.

Adding a gun works. However when I click an ammo button, I get the following error:

"Run-time error '401':
    Can't show non-modal form when modal form is displayed

Clicking 'Ok' closes the program. Haven't had time to troubleshoot anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom