• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    We have a Colt Rail gun. Colts MEUSOCs submission, beavertail, forward cocking serrations, M1913 rail, ambi safety, Novak sights, cerakote finish.

$1130

Attachments

• IMG_2049.JPG
      IMG_2049.JPG
      63 KB · Views: 1,492

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Nice. I was just wondering a couple of hours ago what these were going for while I was looking at Colt's online catalogue. I would be all over it had I not just bought my 2nd TRP Operator two weeks ago.

Infosec Guy

Sep 20, 2009
    Columbia MD
    If you see one of these available, you owe it to yourself to just shut up and buy it. They are wonderfully made, wonderfully accurate weapons.

The first time I took it to the range, the very first shot fired went right through the 'X' on the target. I haven't duplicated that since, but I've come very close. I'd originally intended for this weapon to be a safe queen, but it's just too much fun to shoot.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Wow you must get a major volume discount!!!! They are charging the Govt way more for thousands of the same gun!

There is no way in hell the Colt rail gun submitted for the recent USMC tests was the same as these stock ones coming from the factory, and from what I hear from people who know, the factory Colt rail guns are not close to the quality of the Springfield MC Operator which was the runner up in the USMC assessment. If the USMC chose the stock Colt Rail over the MC Operator they need to have their heads checked, or at the very least figure out who got bribed since they are paying around $1800 for them.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    As written in military times article:

Colt tweaked its 01070RG M1911A1 Rail Gun pistol and sent 10 prototypes to Quantico in the fall of 2010, said Greg Rozon, a product development engineering manager at Colt.

The civilian 1911 rail gun usually has a stainless or carbon steel finish and rosewood grips, but Colt’s prototypes for the Corps have a desert-color Cercoat finish, eliminating glare on the weapon and making it less identifiable at a distance. As the name suggests, this model has a section of 1913 Picatinny rail under the barrel to mount accessories such as a light or laser aiming device. They also have more stainless steel internal components to afford the pistol more corrosion protection since it will be carried in a maritime environment. They’re equipped with a tritium night sight made by Novak.

Link to article: http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2012/07/20/usmc-orders-4036-m45-cqbp-pistols/

mdvctry

Follow Me @DukesDefense
    Nov 10, 2011
    I have a stainless one and they are rock solid and very accurate out of the box.

DocSavage

The Man of Bronze
    May 30, 2012
    Crofton
    I'm verrrry interested in either the Colt M1911 1070RG or the 1980RG...

Gee, I hope that one doesn't show up there for me to get all fingerprinty and drooled on...

Hint, hint, hint...

Doc

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom