• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LongTom

Jan 13, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    There were two intensely covered Fox news gun bits on WTTG (a channel out of DC, mind you), during their most popular show (House!) - back to back, placing guns in a negative light, all in the midst of the very day of a LANDMARK HEATED debate over the future of our CCW survival.

Since this kind of stuff happens every day, and they could choose any day of the week to do this, I can't help but think that the media fished this stuff up because they're attempting to manipulate sentiment of the people. It's also interesting that they made sure and squished them in, instead of commercials, while they knew a lot of viewers were watching House in their homes.

Not like they haven't done it before, I guess.

Thoughts?

Tom43491

Dec 9, 2009
    Timonium
    WTTG is a VERY liberal local news channel. It should be NO surprise to hear about their selective reporting.

The same could be said about any other news outlet. They all selectively report to push their agenda and that of their political allies. There is no such thing as an "unbiased media" if you are talking about a major network.

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    I stopped watching house this season, this is the last season. I am glad, they ruined it.

Did you expect anything less. Watch the Sportsman channel, there are Bravo Company commericals during the good shows... makes you feel better

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    I said this in another thread, and I'm curious what you guys think:

The media is obviously screwing us over, trying to get people to think that "guns are bad, mmkay?"

I wonder if the military, history, and discovery channels are helping us. With the VERY notable exception of Doomsday Preppers they have numerous TV shows that paint gun ownership and sport usage in a positive light. Last night the history channel had like 3 hours of their marksmanship reality TV show (Top Shot).

Just curious what 'yall think.

Glaug-Eldare

BANNED!!!
    Jan 17, 2011
    Might be a biased station, but I strongly doubt it had anything whatsoever to do with the proceedings that day. Without any mention of HB 579 or any other gun bills, they can make people sad, and maybe build up an anti-gun position gradually, but nobody's being politically "activated" by these stories in such a way as to interfere with our victory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom