• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Getting back to the topic.. What are some things to look out for when buying. I mean if it looks like a blind woodsman went to work inside of it that's a no brainer, but is there something to look out for that is less obvious?
    This is a good check for a used pistol.

http://coolgunsite.com/funcheck/function.htm

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    I want to get one of these for a 1911. Better, stronger steel than most out there and not casted. Also since they are no longer importable are still more collectible. Will it be my go to .45? No it will be a range plinker. I have always wanted a 1911 and my friend used to have an original ww2 era one before it got stolen that was a dream to shoot. That being said my max handgun budget is $600 and I don't trust the rock island imports so norinco is the way to go for me.

captainstashu

Jan 26, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    I have one that I bought probably in the late 1980s. At the time Colt came out with a commemorative 1911A. The gun reviews noted that the Norinco was truer to the 1911a1 design than the commemorative Colt. It was also consider very favorably as a shooter. I have it in the original configuration and have taught my kids to shoot with it. It is relatively accurate, and is a joy to shoot, and I have never had a jam with it. It takes anything I shoot without any hiccups.

You can see the machining in the steel frame on the insdie. It is a little rougher finished on the inside. I have a few other 1911s including an RIA and a Metro Arms 1911. They are all decent guns. The Norinco just feels better somehow. There is something to be said for Chinese copies.

I have not seen another one since I bought this one. I don't knows its value. But I am a horse trader and always am interested in trades.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I have one that I bought probably in the late 1980s. At the time Colt came out with a commemorative 1911A. The gun reviews noted that the Norinco was truer to the 1911a1 design than the commemorative Colt. It was also consider very favorably as a shooter. I have it in the original configuration and have taught my kids to shoot with it. It is relatively accurate, and is a joy to shoot, and I have never had a jam with it. It takes anything I shoot without any hiccups.

You can see the machining in the steel frame on the insdie. It is a little rougher finished on the inside. I have a few other 1911s including an RIA and a Metro Arms 1911. They are all decent guns. The Norinco just feels better somehow. There is something to be said for Chinese copies.

I have not seen another one since I bought this one. I don't knows its value. But I am a horse trader and always am interested in trades.
    They only thing I have to trade is a Polish p64 and a Mosin with cash, or cash alone. Please pm me if you are interested in selling or a trade with cash on my side.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Scott7891 said:
    Your best bet is gunbroker. That is where ill get mine when I finally get around to getting a .45 plinker.

3 on GB right now, 2 stock that look like they'll sell around $500 or so. 1 with enhancements that looks nice too.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    3 on GB right now, 2 stock that look like they'll sell around $500 or so. 1 with enhancements that looks nice too.

I have been watching them sell about $450 all day on GB in decent condiotn and we all know honeslty anything on GB, prices are inflated. Thats why I was hoping to get one locally.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    I have been watching them sell about $450 all day on GB in decent condiotn and we all know honeslty anything on GB, prices are inflated. Thats why I was hoping to get one locally.

Hopefully someone local will get sick of theirs and sell it on consignment so you can snatch it up :innocent0

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    Going back 15 years Norinco was one of the few companies producing a 1911 that Bill Wilson would do custom work on.
    I have seen a couple of them that had been through the Wilson Custom shop selling at reasonable prices.
    Be patient and keep searching.

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    Haven't you found one yet?

Attachments

• Copy of IMAG0042.jpg
      Copy of IMAG0042.jpg
      76.7 KB · Views: 69

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts