• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I've heard of these SBRs floating around but all the info I'm finding speaks of them no longer being produced or having problems. Does anyone have any info of a semi auto MP40 with original length barrel? I've heard you can build from an 80% receiver or something. Not familiar with building guns. I'd love a real one but can't spend money i dont have.
    Thanks for any info or links you guys can provide.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    Never seen one.

Valkyrie Arms used to make SBR Grease Guns, but they're now defunct. The company has a 1990s style website for whatever reason still on the web. I thought I heard that they were making SBR MP40s at some point, but it's hardly my area of expertise.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    In the next year or so gsg is bring a .22 version of the mp 40 and the mp44 out in the us market, not the same thing but cool and affordable.

Caeb75

Full fledged member
    Sep 19, 2007
    Aberdeen
    I know its a bit more expensive, but with the semis being around 4k if you can find one, you can find non C&R full auto guns for 8-9k. Start saving, and keep your eyes peeled. I've seen several Erb, DLO, and Wilson tube guns go for about that over the last year or so.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Are you saying the Auto ones go for 8k??? I thought they were like 18-25k. If I read you right that is major good news! I've fired lots of full autos, but still no mp40 or mg42.

Caeb75

Full fledged member
    Sep 19, 2007
    Aberdeen
    Are you saying the Auto ones go for 8k??? I thought they were like 18-25k. If I read you right that is major good news! I've fired lots of full autos, but still no mp40 or mg42.

I'm not talking about original C&R guns. Those run 14-20. I'm talking about tube guns. A parts kit on a registered tube receiver. There's a Charels Erb on Subguns right now for 8k that was posted 05 Oct 2011.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Yes I had a Factory SBR MP40 made by SSRoom known as the SSR40. All new made parts. Quality was ok but not what I would want for that much money. I sold mine for $3k.

Also Interordnance imported some MP38s. but stopped a good while ago. Last one sold for $7K but they were about $4k normally.

http://hza-kulmbach.de/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=78&Itemid=63&lang=en

Any semi auto is hard to find but you see them some times on gunbroker.

FA is hands down the way to go. Here is a good deal right now.

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/nfa4sale.cgi?read=143120

This is a "tube gun" which is a parts kit mated with a new production receiver tube. Its not C&R (yet).

It is nice to have an original but it does cost more.

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/nfa4sale.cgi?read=143099

Any more questions, let me know.

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    Pleaseee tell me the buzz saw will be at the next MDS shoot. (if there is a next one). That the m240, and the m60 are the only ones still on my list of guns to try.
    That is the plan. Still have to work some bugs out of it when I get time to spend at range. Think it will need some minor firing pin mods to deal with the very hard primers in the yugo ammo I have. I had the same issues with my 1919 when i converted it to 8mm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom