• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drblast33

[This Space for Sale ...]
    Check was cashed on Tuesday (3/21) and had my interview today. Very quick, very straitforawrd. Basically askedeverything that was already on the application. They did call my wife and my three references. They did not however ask for my boss' number. Whole interview took maybe 5 minutes.

Now we just wait for the stay ruling....

Wow, My check was cashed on the 12th, and I live in Howard county also... still no interview call... hmm...

spiffy

Oct 31, 2009
    Fingerprinted 3/16
    Mailed 3/16
    Green signature card 3/19
    DPS letter 3/21
    Check Cleared 3/21 (no clue what the number is)

ffemtreed

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2011
    Wilmington, NC
    Wife and I

Finger Printed 3/19
    Mailed 3/21
    CJIS Letter 3/22
    App Received by MSP 3/23
    Green Card receipt delivered back to me 3/26
    Check cleared 3/27 #81480

Some calls to references made 6/5/2012
    Phone interview with MSP on 6/12/12

Last edited:

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Shoot, that's what the "A" stand for??? I was hoping for something a little more personal than this cheesy phone conversation. :sad20:

They used to call you into the barracks, sit you in an interrogation room. It was quite the experience, make you feel as if you've done something wrong by even ATTEMPTING to get a permit.

So your saying the interview is over the phone at this time and not in person ?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    So your saying the interview is over the phone at this time and not in person ?

Yes (have you been reading here??)

Used to be in person, at your local barracks, now they just call the number(s) you provided and speak to you over the phone.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Yes (have you been reading here??)

Used to be in person, at your local barracks, now they just call the number(s) you provided and speak to you over the phone.

Sweet. That's much better. What a waist of time it would be to have to take off of work and go to wherever to get asked simple questions that can be asked over the phone.

HOWEVER!!! :mad54:

It may be a bad sign. MSP like to see who they are considering. The fact that they are not making us show up in person may be because they expect that none of our application will be approved. The phone interviews instead of a meeting with us could be more about they do not want to waist their time with us.

I'm just saying. I think it is safe to assume that they are thinking that even if the way that they have been doing business for years is changed, it will not be changed anytime soon thinking the AG can tie it up in court for years.

We think and are hoping their stay is turned down. They I'm sure are thinking and hoping they stay will be approved. After all they are very accustom to getting their way with everything. And when I say "they", I mean the few with power that like things the way that things are.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Amyway I turned mine in to the post office Directley across the street from MSP headquarters on 3/21. I was going to hand deliver it but then I thought it would be better the get a post mark. I sent it certified.

The 21208 post office is so close to the MSP HQ that if you had a good arm you could through the app and hit MSP HQ building from the post office parking lot. And for some reason this morning after going on-line to check the progress on www.usps.com, 40 hours later it is still showing that it has not been delivered to the MSP.

????????????????????

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    March 06 - Printed Application
    March 06 - Registered at http://www.marylandfingerprinting.com
    March 07 - Got electronic prints, photos, and notary
    March 07 - by noon - mailed application via USPS w/receipt to MSP
    March 08 - Got receipt via email

BTW - Great service at www.marylandfingerprinting.com -- much faster/easier than going to the state for the prints and they provide the photos and notary in one place.

I too went there and yes they provided good service. The only thing that I did not like was I had my application all typed up very nice and neat looking that I had to trash because of the way that they do their notarizing. Instead of using the tool that most notary's use that I have seen 100's of times, they just print out a blank app that has been notarized and you have to fill it out all over again.

I live in northern Maryland near PA so for me to go back home to type it all out again would have been a waist of time. So I sat in the parking lot and just filled it in by hand. A little thing but I was pissed.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    I plan on following MSI's advice, and Del. Smiegel's advice on allowing them to track for you.

Can you give more details on this?

Del. Smiegel said that is you give him your information about sending in your app he will try to track them to see they get done right. Basically if you don't hear anything he has name to say what about John Doe and Jane Doe? Where are there permits? Hey it never hurts to have a delegate on your side.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    The retired Baltimore Cop at the Livescan I went to told me "the more info provided the better". He recommended I include copies of my DL, Retired Military ID and Utah CCW.

Guess the more you submit, the more it shows you care?

It makes good sense. people in general are lazy. The easier you make it for whatever Trooper working on your file it can only benefit you.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I too went there and yes they provided good service. The only thing that I did not like was I had my application all typed up very nice and neat looking that I had to trash because of the way that they do their notarizing. Instead of using the tool that most notary's use that I have seen 100's of times, they just print out a blank app that has been notarized and you have to fill it out all over again.

I live in northern Maryland near PA so for me to go back home to type it all out again would have been a waist of time. So I sat in the parking lot and just filled it in by hand. A little thing but I was pissed.
    How in the world is that even legal to notorize a blank paper? And then they even let you leave the building to fill it out.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    It is the initial active duty report, stating completion of basic training. My situation is weird. I completed basic training, had some complications and never shipped to AIT in time. (Only have 2 years from enlistment to complete initial training or you get booted). So i got a general discharge. All of my forms I can access online, however I do not have a copy of my discharge papers. I am not even sure where the hell I can get them.

The way I see it, the FBI background check would show that I was not dishonorably discharged and that I truthfully answered the question and provided proof.

Hell, I couldn't even have the job I have if I was dishonorable discharged - the security agent wouldn't be too happy

What kills me is making you go through the fingerprinting process. I work for the feds/Army for 27 years. My wife and I also adopted a child. Over my lifetime I have been fingerprinted about 35 times for one reason or another. Why make you go through it again and pay whatever for it. Just my name a SSA# is all that is needed for the FBI or any police department to see if I have anything on record. It's all about making you just jump through hoops like a monkey for nothing.

If you have never been finger printed that is different. Can anyone explain?

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    As I read it, with employer information requested on the main app page, and Page 10 for "employers for the past 5 years", it appeared redundant since I've been at the same place nearly 14 years.
    It may be redundant, but do you want to take the chance that a Trooper will put it all together or do you think your chances would be improved if you make it easy on them and explaining on page 10?

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    3/11- Application Printed, notarized, fingerprinted, photos taken
    3/12- Application Mailed
    3/14- Application Delivered
    3/20- Letter received of cleared background check
    3/21- Check cashed with "81322" in bottom corner

Now I just wait for the interview
    Maybe they are just putting numbers on our checks to drive us crazy and they don't mean a thing.

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    What kills me is making you go through the fingerprinting process. I work for the feds/Army for 27 years. My wife and I also adopted a child. Over my lifetime I have been fingerprinted about 35 times for one reason or another. Why make you go through it again and pay whatever for it. Just my name a SSA# is all that is needed for the FBI or any police department to see if I have anything on record. It's all about making you just jump through hoops like a monkey for nothing.

If you have never been finger printed that is different. Can anyone explain?

In certain occupations you will be fingerprinted annually.

I believe it is to keep them up to date, I would like to believe it is because they do not file them, and only run them and if nothing comes back they discard them. I do not believe this to be the case though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom