• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steve973

Enthusiast
    Feb 7, 2012
    Howard County
    I just signed up for a 5 year membership with the NRA tonight. I have been meaning to do this for quite some time, but now that I'm building my first AR-15, I want a place closer than Elk Neck to shoot at. Marriottsville is only about 20 minutes from my house, and I would love to shoot both rifle and pistol outdoors. Yadda yadda yadda. I am just wondering how to choose a gun club that shoots there. Previously, I mostly shot pistols, but now I am developing a growing interest in carbines. I guess I'd prefer a fairly loose affiliation, rather than meeting very often and having frequent group events. Also, if people have any good criteria for deciding which club to join, I'd appreciate that advice as well. Thanks in advance!

boule

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Galt's Gulch
    I guess I'd prefer a fairly loose affiliation, rather than meeting very often and having frequent group events.

I'm rather prejudiced about a particular club - see signature.....

- 1 anual meeting that you don't have to attend
    - $20 to join, $17 to renew
    - no obligations other than to behave within the AGC rules
    - fast responding XO in case you run into any problems

http://www.baltimorerifleclub.com/membership.html

Steve973

Enthusiast
    Feb 7, 2012
    Howard County
    That sounds good to me. I'll join but I don't have my NRA member number yet. Can I put "pending" on that line? Or do I have to wait until they get back to me?

boule

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Galt's Gulch
    NRA membership is not required, so "pending" will do - with the NRA it is just another word for "we did not get your money yet".

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I am prejuduced too! I am from Monumental Rifle and Pistol Club. We are an NRA Gold Club and have received the NRA Outstanding Club of the Year for 2010.

We offer a full range of shooting activities and events. We have an active high power program, Juniors program, Woman's Division and sponsor many charitable shoots and a Wounded Warrior event. We also have educational and instructional clinics and classes. You can attend or participate in as many events as you want. You only need to attend one meeting (in order to join).

If you are interested, please feel free to visit our website, www.monumental.org or come out to our next meeting, Sat March 17, 2012. No pressure to join but you can talk with the members and get to see the range.

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    All of the 29 clubs are good clubs.

I would go and take a look at all our there web sites.

Email the ones that look interesting

I would stay away from the clubs that do not communicate with the there membership because you will miss out on important information.

mike_in_md

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Howard County
    The Garrison Rifle and Revolver club has a meeting and new member sign up next Tuesday, 13 March, at 8 pm at the trap house. You can join at that time. Free meal and drinks too!

Initiation fee: $30.00 (One time fee)
    Annual dues: $20.00
    AGC Range privileges: $150.00 Total new member costs: $200.00

Last edited:

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    The Garrison Rifle and Revolver club has a meeting and new member sign up next Tuesday, 13 March, at 8 pm at the trap house. You can join at that time. Free meal and drinks too!

Just to add to this, if you want to join Garrison, all you have to do is go to this meeting. After getting accepted, all other meetings are optional.

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Check out all the clubs at the associatedgunclubs.com website. Arlington Rifle and Pistol Club has two club shoots a month, a club meeting has an active Juniors team. We have a lot of fun in our club. Check out www.ArlingtonRPC.net. You are welcome to come to our club shoots. We have a Bust Fest Trap shoot Sunday at 9:00 - 1:00. Send me a PM if you would like to come.

There are a lot of great clubs at the AGC. I have a lot of friends from different clubs there. Welcome! Don't forget to join the AGC MD Shooters social group. It's like being in a second club. Great guys!

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    There are a lot of great clubs at the AGC. I have a lot of friends from different clubs there. Welcome! Don't forget to join the AGC MD Shooters social group. It's like being in a second club. Great guys!

Once you join one of the AGC clubs, you tend to make friends at the range while shooting!

Like Tball and Damifinowfish have already said, visit some clubs, join one and then come out and shoot!

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    I have no horse in this race . I am not a member at the AGC any more I was in Monumental for 15-20 years. That would be the club to join a lot of benefits for the taking like partys ,meeting the rest of the club monthly shoots or just do your own thing and make of it what ever you want. A good bunch of people. There are quite a few other VERY good clubs in the association. But I was in monumental and was very a active club member.

Dave21042

Feb 17, 2012
    Ellicott City, MD
    If you just want to join a club to get access to AGC, I joined Baltimore Rifle Club a few weeks ago for this reason. Fee for them was $20 for new members plus AGC fee of $150. Baltimore Rifle club has one meeting a year.

See you the range.

mike_in_md

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Howard County
    Just a reminder. The Garrison Rifle and Revolver club has a meeting and new member sign up tonight at 8 pm at the trap house. You can join at that time. Free meal and drinks too!

There is no requirement to attend further meetings or particiapte in club events, and nobody will bother you if all you want to do is join and shoot on the AGC ranges. There are fun club events and you get a flyer with the listed events if you choose to participate.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Just a reminder that Monumental Rifle and Pistol Club will be meeting this upcoming Saturday, 03/17/2012 at 2:00PM in Memorial Hall (near the trap fields). No presure to join right away. You welcome to come out and meet with the members and getr a feeling for what we do as a club.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Once you join one of the AGC clubs, you tend to make friends at the range while shooting! Check out all of the clubs at www.associatedgunclubs.org.

Like Tball, Damifinowfish and Mike have already said, visit clubs, join one and then come out and shoot!

:thumbsup:

Join the AGC club that you feel comfortable with. Like all of us AGC'ers said, you tend to make friends on the range from all the clubs and most clubs allow for other AGC members to shoot at their events. Some events are also open to the public.

You cannot go wrong in joining any of the AGC clubs!

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Arlington Rifle and Pistol Club is having our monthly meeting on Wednesday, March 14th from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. at Memorial Hall, which is next to the trap range. We are having a joint trap shoot with Glenmore before our meeting. Our next club shoot is March 24th from 9:00 - 1:00 at the 100 yd rifle range. We should have lots of fun things to shoot.

Arlington has a terrific Juniors Team and we have 3 to 4 club activities a month. It's a great way to meet and greet members and have a lot of fun. Members are not required to come to any meetings or shoots, but most do, because we have a lot of fun. I was just a rifle shooter when I joined the club. Now I like to shoot pistol, trap and thanks to damifinowfish, I now shoot black powder. I have made some great friends in Arlington. I have also made a lot of friends from other clubs. There are a lot MD Shooters who shoot at the AGC. We are overdue for a AGC MD Shooters Meet and Greet shoot!

I'm sure you will enjoy whatever club you join.

Good luck!

Steve973

Enthusiast
    Feb 7, 2012
    Howard County
    Thanks for the recommendations, everyone. I joined the Baltimore Rifle Club. I can tell from everyone's posts that all of the clubs are great, so it wasn't one particular detail that got me. I am looking forward to meeting everyone. I will most likely be there this Saturday at 9am with my Beretta Storm since my AR upper has not been shipped yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom