Anyone know about a Llama .32 cal (mini 1911)?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TonyB

Feb 18, 2007
    Annapolis
    Was at my folks this past weekend and was presented this little thing. It was stowed away in a box of LPs and my father tells me he's had it for 30-40 years. I took a few photos, the main identifying marks were:
    Stoeger Arms - S. Hackensack, NJ - 6-digit serial [R side of frame, above trigger]
    Llama - Gabilondo y Cia Vitoria (Espana) Cal. 32 [left side of slide)

IMG_2285.jpg

http://lh3.ggpht.com/absolut27t/SKjbNtKsKsI/AAAAAAAADW4/aoB1CQzOxRg/IMG_2285.jpg?imgmax=800

IMG_2296.jpg

http://lh6.ggpht.com/absolut27t/SKjbSe58wpI/AAAAAAAADYE/6gPJMz1h6uY/IMG_2296.jpg?imgmax=576

The Google-ing I've done leads me to believe it's a Model XA...and not worth much, save for a fun mousegun.
    Still, my dad was interested in it's history (manf. date), possible value, and how old it might actually be. Unfortunately there is no magazine to be found.

Jim Keenan

Aug 16, 2008
    There were two models, almost identical, one in .32 ACP and the other in .380 ACP. Both externally were scaled down copies of the M1911A1.

Internally, the former is a blowback pistol, the latter has a locked breech with a link, like the M1911A1. I would give the model numbers, but frankly, Llama model numbers are so confusing that I get a headache thinking about the subject.

Jim

cheesemeister

Aug 29, 2010
    Arkansas
    I own and regularly shoot this exact same Stoeger Llama pistol. quite accurate,low recoil,comfortable with walnut grips. Light weight and smart appearance. I seem to have a little trouble finding an extra magazine for it. I'll give your link a try. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom