• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cb51

[The test showed that the Ruger was more lethal then thought especially in upper body injuries.]

Those Isralies must not know what thier talking about! Why on some gun forums I've heard the armchair experts say a .22 will just piss off the person and they'll take the gun away from you and beat you to death with it!:D

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Excellent article.....a few weeks ago there was as big arguement on RFC if a 10/22 can be "tactical" and this proved it so.
    thanks!

But lets compare the Bubba's Tactical 10/22 with the Israeli "Tactical" 10/22

Israeli_sniper_rifles_250.jpg

badass.jpg

I'm not saying the second gun isn't a fun paper puncher and maybe even taking out the occasional varmints... But in that setup, it has no use "tactically"...

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    But lets compare the Bubba's Tactical 10/22 with the Israeli "Tactical" 10/22

Israeli_sniper_rifles_250.jpg

badass.jpg

I'm not saying the second gun isn't a fun paper puncher and maybe even taking out the occasional varmints... But in that setup, it has no use "tactically"...

here's the link the whole entire argument if 10/22 and "tactical" can be used together as "tactical 10/22"

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261114

My position in this arguement was I didn't have a position becuase I just didn't care.

Apparently a number of the old farts were offended by the use of the term "tactical." Like i said, I really didn't give a flying f*ck and didn't care to argue but was entertained by the remarks in this month long b*tchslapping thread.

As a result...I coined the word "tactikicazz" just to please the old farts. To this day I still don't have opinion regardless what accessories or how black or evil one makes their 10/22.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    here's the link the whole entire argument if 10/22 and "tactical" can be used together as "tactical 10/22"

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261114

My position in this arguement was I didn't have a position becuase I just didn't care.

Apparently a number of the old farts were offended by the use of the term "tactical." Like i said, I really didn't give a flying f*ck and didn't care to argue but was entertained by the remarks in this month long b*tchslapping thread.

As a result...I coined the word "tactikicazz" just to please the old farts. To this day I still don't have opinion regardless what accessories or how black or evil one makes their 10/22.

I only quoted you because you brought up a thread about it ;) I too don't care what anyone does with their rifles... For all I care you can put fairy wings on it and shoot shotshells full of glitter ;) As long as it gets people out shooting, it's a good thing. But to say that a 10/22 setup like an AR is anything other then a trainer is just kind of silly... You're not going to use a .22 to clear house...For that matter none of my personal guns are going to be used to clear a house, because I'm not in the military...but you don't see the guys who do clear houses using anything chambered in .22

And Jeep, thats sweet... Am I correct in thinking thats a full length integrated suppressor? :drool::drool:

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    And Jeep, thats sweet... Am I correct in thinking thats a full length integrated suppressor? :drool::drool:

Yep, it's a .920 OD Tactical Solution "Sawtooth" barrel. They are great because they will fit into any bull barrel stock, no need to modify a stock for 1" OD barrels like most that are on the market.

It's 10" of barrel and 6" or suppressor. It's easily soda can accurate at 50 yards, and that's kinda what I built it for any way. It's fun faving a can of soda or beer popping and that's louder then the gun you shot it with!

It's the same barrel & suppressor as the GemTech Oasis-R barrel set up. Tactical Solutions makes the barrel for GemTech. I just skiped the GemTech mark up, which was almost the cost of the tax stamp !

[The test showed that the Ruger was more lethal then thought especially in upper body injuries.]

Those Isralies must not know what thier talking about! Why on some gun forums I've heard the armchair experts say a .22 will just piss off the person and they'll take the gun away from you and beat you to death with it!:D

Yeah, the original purpose of the gun was to "quietly and non-lethaly" remove the lead aggitators and ringleaders of protests and riots without alarming the crowd around them like a centerfire rifleshot with the accompanying blood and tissue explosion would do. Basically a wet slapping sound that would get lost in the crowd noise and the intended target gets removed from the picture without obvious wounds.

Problem is, the targets were too consistantly "de-animated" by the rifle... FAIL.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I only quoted you because you brought up a thread about it ;) I too don't care what anyone does with their rifles... For all I care you can put fairy wings on it and shoot shotshells full of glitter ;) As long as it gets people out shooting, it's a good thing. But to say that a 10/22 setup like an AR is anything other then a trainer is just kind of silly... You're not going to use a .22 to clear house...

:thumbsup:
    i agree, its a hobby do what you want. its your $$

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Accurized .22s have their place in an urban LE environment. Take the TacOps Green Hornet for instance.

http://www.snipercentral.com/greenhornet.htm

greenhornet3.jpg

The purpose of this rifle is to quietly take out lights, guard dogs, etc, while a tactical team is prepping for entry.

It's not a 10/22, but the concept is similar. The suppressor is integrated into the barrel.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Yep, it's a .920 OD Tactical Solution "Sawtooth" barrel. They are great because they will fit into any bull barrel stock, no need to modify a stock for 1" OD barrels like most that are on the market.

It's 10" of barrel and 6" or suppressor. It's easily soda can accurate at 50 yards, and that's kinda what I built it for any way. It's fun faving a can of soda or beer popping and that's louder then the gun you shot it with!

It's the same barrel & suppressor as the GemTech Oasis-R barrel set up. Tactical Solutions makes the barrel for GemTech. I just skiped the GemTech mark up, which was almost the cost of the tax stamp !

So what could us non-employees get that barrel for?

ETA: Also, what is your thoughts on a Gemtech Halo, and ammo like this:

http://www.impactguns.com/store/854257000579.html

Granted, it turns your AR into a single shot, but it's a 100gr bullet, subsonic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom