• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Contacted EP lowers and figured it would be better to start a thread instead of cluttering the other one. EP, please post the details in this thread.

Waz

SHAZAM!!!
    Dec 15, 2012
    Glen Burnie-ish
    if this is for a group buy, i'm in for a zombie green one! :thumbsup:

These are poly? Have they done any testing to ensure that the buffer tube area is strong enough not crack with use?

yeah they are poly... i bought one for the ease of milling. still haven't been able to find any durability reviews though. the vids i've seen have shown the firearms being fired after assembly without problem.

i would still definately like to see some tests like new frontier arms put out

E P LOWERS

Aug 26, 2013
    Contacted EP lowers and figured it would be better to start a thread instead of cluttering the other one. EP, please post the details in this thread.

My name is John I will be answering any questions

Thank you so much for creating this thread. I am happy to answer any questions you may have. First of all we manufacture the first ever polymer 80% lower we are the original. We offer only 80% lower that requires no jig to complete. Our material is a Kevlar fiber reinforced nylon 66 composite to be exact. 1/3 the weight of aluminum and stronger than any non metal lower produced. We have folks doing 50 beowulf, 458 socom builds with no issues. We also offer a lifetime limited warranty; limited only in that the end user must complete it correctly; so long as they do they are warrantied for life.

E P LOWERS

Aug 26, 2013
    These are poly? Have they done any testing to ensure that the buffer tube area is strong enough not crack with use?

There is no comparison between other 100% polymer lowers and what we are offering rather in material or in design. Our composite material is a first for the gun industry and unique to only our product. Although our material would support a much stonger milspec proportioned lower; that bridge has been burned with consumers who have seen so many failures with other polymer lowers; as a response to this we beefed up the buffer tube area with additional reinforcement, as well as the front pivot pin area where lesser lowers have failed. It will take 450 foot pounds of force to break our buffer tube vs 175 for the plum crazy type polymer lowers. Also our material is formed at much higher temperatures so has much greater heat resistance. We are good to about 950 degrees. We have 15,000 rounds through one lower right now with no problems. Also customers are building our lowers in many calibers such as 50 beowulf, 458 socom, 300 black out with no problems.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    When are the ETAs on the OD Green and Green?

If I am going to go polymer, I want to spice it up.

And care to share the discount code? I am not a FB user.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Thank you for coming on here to talk about your product. I am not trying to nitpick, but some of the YouTube reviews I saw pointed out several things of concern. First is a tight magwell. The other item, which I have seen you refer to on your website is a small hole in the magwell going into the firing group are. Have these items been addressed?

As you may, or may not know, many of us here have been waiting with baited breath for the Polymer 80 lowers. We are in a significant time crunch, and we are 30 days past the originally promised delivery date. I am definitely looking for an alternative that is proven and tested.

E P LOWERS

Aug 26, 2013
    Thank you for coming on here to talk about your product. I am not trying to nitpick, but some of the YouTube reviews I saw pointed out several things of concern. First is a tight magwell. The other item, which I have seen you refer to on your website is a small hole in the magwell going into the firing group are. Have these items been addressed?

As you may, or may not know, many of us here have been waiting with baited breath for the Polymer 80 lowers. We are in a significant time crunch, and we are 30 days past the originally promised delivery date. I am definitely looking for an alternative that is proven and tested.

Both of the issues have been addressed. We had problems with tight mag wells in one of our first production runs. That is no longer an issue in current production. There is no longer a small hole inside the magwell although even with the hole there was no impact on functionality. Our product is proven and tested with zero failures so far in many calibers and with many thousand rounds fired. Our product carries a lifetime limited warranty. It is the only 80% on the market that does to our knowledge. As long as you complete it correctly it is warrantied for life.

ecampo

Mar 3, 2008
    I can confirm the magwell functions correctly. I ordered one about 3 weeks ago and both pmags and usgi mags drop free every time.

ecampo

Mar 3, 2008
    Do you have a complete you can post a vid /pic of any shooting?

photo_zps49763d8c.jpg

Still waiting on a barrel so this is best I can do. Some light fitting with a file and the lower parts went in very easily. So far I am very impressed and have no reason to believe it wont hold up to firing.

Phoenixsm

Aug 29, 2010
    Ordered one today - website stated it was in stock :D

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads