• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hilpala

Dec 16, 2011
    Ft Washington, MD
    Greetings,

Upon stopping in Fred's Sports and Furniture last week and chatting with the firearms dealer, it was revealed that in March they will be opening their indoor range. It will be located right in the rear of the store and they will allow rifles up to .223 accroding to him. I didn't bother asking other calibers as I was on the way out and planned to stop back through in the near future.

Fred's Sports and Furniture | 2895 Crain Highway Waldorf, MD 20601
    301-843-3040 | 301-645-5694 | Fax: 301-645-8852

::::I apologize in advance if this appears as advertisementm, as I am in no way gaining from posting this info and just want to help out.::::

Hil

JoelC

Jan 9, 2012
    Think I have been there before, and you say the max is .223. Rather go to the outdoor range in Delmarva, MD

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    If they no longer log every purchase of handgun ammo, I just might try their new range but as long as they keep an ammo log they won't be getting my business.

hilpala

Dec 16, 2011
    Ft Washington, MD
    Sorry...still a n00b here and didn't know they had such weird practices. I usually stop through for small things like targets or the Myrtle Grove Range registration. They changed up the store alot since last year and hopefully they've adjusted practices as well. I don't purchase ammo there and have been firing outdoors at Myrtle Grove mainly. For my hangun I was going to MD Small Arms, as they're closest. Now I use the outdoor for everything.

C-03003, I'm in your neck of the woods! Cool!

Martian

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 15, 2007
    PG Co.
    I've bought ammo there quite a few times over the past year, and no one has ever asked me to sign anything. They are generally my go-to store, since they are so convenient and helpful.

I really love the idea of an indoor range close to home so I can stay out of the weather. This will be closer to me than any other range.

I've purchased firearms from them and they are always polite and give me a fair deal. They always have accessories I need in a crunch, too. Good people.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Old news. They have been working on the range for almost a year. It has been posted here before.

usaf_joe

newb..
    Jul 21, 2012
    AA County
    I was there today with my buddy and his daughter. I brought my .40 and he brought everything he owned.

It was my first time there, and a bit of a hike for me, but overall the whole place seemed alright. The range was nice, its split in two halves with 5 or 6 lanes on each side, 50 yd, 223 max caliber. They had a RSO there for most of the time and there is a viewing area. The part I didn't like is that you have to buy their ammo, period.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Because it is unclear wether *Capitol Region* refers to Md's Capitol ie Annapolis area , or the US Capitol aka Washington DC suburban region.

porscheguy

Jul 30, 2012
    I was there today with my buddy and his daughter. I brought my .40 and he brought everything he owned.

It was my first time there, and a bit of a hike for me, but overall the whole place seemed alright. The range was nice, its split in two halves with 5 or 6 lanes on each side, 50 yd, 223 max caliber. They had a RSO there for most of the time and there is a viewing area. The part I didn't like is that you have to buy their ammo, period.
    Not only do you have to buy their ammo, you must buy it right then and there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom