• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    Here is one to get your creative juices going.
    Runs like a well oiled sewing machine.

web.jpg

web.jpg

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    Nice rifle, Mega. Is that a YHM forearm on there?

Thank you, and yes it is.

It's a Yankee Hill Machine 9" Diamond series rail.
    The YHM rail was the size that I needed to sink the Gemtech suppressor inside, and still allow it to be free-floated.

The barrel is a 5" TROS tri-lug which mates to the Gemtech tri-lug mount.
    The mag block is a VM Hy-tech which uses unmodified Uzi magazines.

The rest is pretty much standard AR fare with lots of Magpul parts.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Thank you, and yes it is.

It's a Yankee Hill Machine 9" Diamond series rail.
    The YHM rail was the size that I needed to sink the Gemtech suppressor inside, and still allow it to be free-floated.

The barrel is a 5" TROS tri-lug which mates to the Gemtech tri-lug mount.
    The mag block is a VM Hy-tech which uses unmodified Uzi magazines.

The rest is pretty much standard AR fare with lots of Magpul parts.

I'm looking to do the same thing. Waiting for the paperwork on my Multimount to come in. Planning to use the 5" TROS barrel. I'm going with the DDLES dedicated 9mm lower. Looking for rails which I can sink my suppressor into. There are not a lot of options out there. I like the way yours looks.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Mega - You suck! That should be MINE!!!! ...LOL

Looks awesome. Will post pics as I get them. Got a charging handle with extened lever for quick charging and an RRA LPK yesterday on one of my toy store visits.

Still lookinf for the buffer and buffer spring. Other items on order. Need to transfer in the Zombie lower.

Dave

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    I'm sure that yours will be nice too when it's completed Dave. ;)
    Post up photos when you are able.

Can't see it in the photo, but that one has a BCM Gunfighter CH on it.
    Makes for a quick and easy rack...

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    OK dilema. I am going to use the Gmetech Talon upper but now I am torn between the Gemtech Multimount and Liberty Suppressors Mystic suppressor. They both mount natively to the Talon upper . The Mystic is 1" longer and 2+ oz heavier than the Multimount. The multimount uses individual baffles and the Mystic is mono-core. Also the Mystic is user servicable where the Multimount is not and the Mystic is rated for about 10 different calibers.

I am leaning towards the Mystic. What do you all think? Anyone have any experience with these?

Dave

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    I don't own a Mystic, so I cannot comment on it.
    I do own a Gemtech Multimount and have no issues up to this time.

My 9mm rifle is always used suppressed, and cleaning it has never been something I worry about.
    If that ever becomes an issue (which I doubt), I'll let Gemtech service it.

Gemtech does suggest flooding the can initially with Breakfree when new to avoid any future fowling issues.
    When I clean the gun, I put a few squirts of Breakfree in the can and let it drain.
    She will smoke a bit when you fire the first magazine, but it's really not a big deal.

Maybe a Mystic owner can chime in and relate their experience.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Due to outside bad influences I will go ahead and get the Gemtech Multimount for now and when money permits get the Libery Mystic. Thanks rsideout, my wallet feels SO much lighter after chatting with you :)

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Due to outside bad influences I will go ahead and get the Gemtech Multimount for now and when money permits get the Libery Mystic. Thanks rsideout, my wallet feels SO much lighter after chatting with you :)

I forgot to mention that in addition to the Gemtech and Liberty, you should also pick up the SWR Trident 9. And, after my F4's are approved, I'll let you try out the Coastal MIMS and Thompson SG silencers. You'll probably also NEED at least one of those cans. :D

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    SWR Trident 9 is a great can. By changing mounts and I use it on a couple different handguns, the MP5 (3-lug), and the Uzi. Looks like I need to run it side by side with the Octane 9. :)

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    My Gemtech shares space on the 9mm AR and my M&P9 for now.
    Soon (I hope) it will also share space on my custom built Uzi.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    SWR Trident 9 is a great can. By changing mounts and I use it on a couple different handguns, the MP5 (3-lug), and the Uzi. Looks like I need to run it side by side with the Octane 9. :)

Its already done for you. Check out some of Bryon at Major Malfunction's test data on the Trident 9 and Octane 9 at SilencerForum.com.
    http://www.silencerforum.com/forum/...ppressors-SOUND-TESTED-on-a-S-amp-W-M-amp-P-9

Check out the difference in FRP between the Trident and Octane. The Octane was 10db lower. Based on this lab test the future of the Octane 9 looks very promising. The Osprey and Ti-Rant also did very well but their downside is they dont have a 3-lug option.

And just for your viewing pleasure, heres a video of a 9mm AR SBR with a 7 inch barrel and Gemtech Tundra that I just saw today on Youtube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd_xJDuqRiA&feature=feedu

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Dave, didn't you try Gemtech's Multimount/ Talon upper at the silencer shoot? It sounded pretty good, but had some feeding issues when I shot it. Rsideout's 9mm AR was the quietest 9mm AR at the shoot to my ears. Boatbod also had a pretty quiet 9mm, but his was not an SBR. My Colt 6450 9mm is crying out to be cut down and suppressed. Let me know how your project turns out. I wouldn't mind one of the new Octane's based on the Major's testing results. If its as nice as the Trident it would be one bad ass can. I remember the Gemtech multimount sounding pretty nice on a Glock 17.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Dave, didn't you try Gemtech's Multimount/ Talon upper at the silencer shoot? It sounded pretty good, but had some feeding issues when I shot it. Rsideout's 9mm AR was the quietest 9mm AR at the shoot to my ears. Boatbod also had a pretty quiet 9mm, but his was not an SBR. My Colt 6450 9mm is crying out to be cut down and suppressed. Let me know how your project turns out. I wouldn't mind one of the new Octane's based on the Major's testing results. If its as nice as the Trident it would be one bad ass can. I remember the Gemtech multimount sounding pretty nice on a Glock 17.

I think that was the Trident (not 100%sure) and I tried it on a pistol. It is louder then the Multimount and I had no feed issues with it. It was really quiet. SO, I am hoping the Multimount on a Talon upper will be really sweet. If not then I will try others until I get it the way I want. Thanks to rsideout I will probably end up with a lot of kool toys but my kid will not go to college.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom