• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    It's my understanding that they are essentially a Bushmaster. I believe the ocmpany was founded by employees of Bushmaster after they were bought out.

knightofcydonia

Sep 30, 2011
    Nice to see someone bring jobs back to people who were laid off so a multi million dollar company could save a few pennies.

knightofcydonia

Sep 30, 2011
    I just spent some time trying to find out as much as I could on this company and the quality of their merchandise and I stumbled upon this interesting comparison thread where a rep from windham gives detailed specs and some pics on their product. The link to that thread if anyone is interested is here. http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=343485&page=2

The hbc model coming in at around 800 give or take really seems like a great buy after looking at the comparisons not to mention the lifetime warranty even if ownership is transferred.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    The one's I've seen look better than the current Bushmaster stuff as far as fit and finish goes. I don't much like how their barrels are 1:9, but they seem otherwise legit.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I looked into them when I was deciding what upper I wanted. They are the folks who made bushmasters before Freedom Group bought the brand. The reviews I've read said the quality was equal if not better than the older bushmasters, the good ones that made the bushmaster brand famous.

I asked them a few questions on ar15.com and they answered promptly.

knightofcydonia

Sep 30, 2011
    From what I could tell they seem to be very interested in public response and opinions on mil spec and quality of materials. From the looks of it they are going to try and become a well respected brand and seem to be taking the right steps toward that goal.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    The one I handled at Gun Connection looked nicely built to my untrained eye.

knightofcydonia

Sep 30, 2011
    Almost positive I'm going to try and find a good price on a hbc.. Waiting on windham to get back to me about their heavy barrels being engraved as hbar. Hoping for a yes as this will make finding c and c much easier

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    Almost positive I'm going to try and find a good price on a hbc.. Waiting on windham to get back to me about their heavy barrels being engraved as hbar. Hoping for a yes as this will make finding c and c much easier

I'd send Engage Armament a PM, if you're really trying to get the rifle. They sell HBARs as HBARs regardless of how they're labeled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom