• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MotoJ

Sep 4, 2012
    Mobtown
    Hey Folks,

Noob here, just registered.
    I'd like to resurrect my cap & ball revolver shooting hobby after a fifteen year or so hiatus. I used to shoot out in Carroll County on a friend's property, but he sold that and moved.

After I lost that venue, life and other hobbies took over and I lost interest in the pistols. But, I recently dug them out and cleaned them all and they need shooting!

Where's a good place near North Baltimore area for leisurely black powder shooting? Outdoors would be ideal. Also, where's the best place for black powder shooting supplies? Bass Pro is a long hike from me...

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Lots of people down at Myrtle Grove welcome black powder shooters enthusiastically.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    A lot of good BP shooters at the AGC. A great place to learn and get advioce/recommendations.

Spending time with either Charlie Lewis and Charlie Swinford will result in you becoming a BP fan in a short amount of time. Charlie Swinford always gathers some converts from my NRA classes and the Women On Target clinics I help out with.

Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    AGC...for a breath of fresh air, if you can find any, at their blackpowder "meat" shoot's. Clyde's Sport Shop, located on Hammonds Ferry Road...sells Goex blackpowder, ball and supplies; that is cheaper than Bass Pro.

NSSA... has shoots in Winchester Va., where you can buy all the blackpowder, balls and caps that you want. Like mentioned before...check with Charlie Lewis and Charlie Swinford at AGC, of Marriottsville Muzzleloaders.

Dixie Gun Works...has traditional blackpowder guns and supplies, but does not UPS any blackpowder or caps.

Graf and Sons ammo, might still UPS ground ship Goex blackpowder --- but you have to sign-off for it --- when it reaches your door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom