• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I'm making the time in the AM to stop by.

Anotherpyr

Ultimate Member
    One should never post when drinking lest it come back and bite them. I can't blame Andy given the situation. But I do wish that things had gone better.

It is only a matter of time before such guns are available. Acting like babies about it doesn't make things better. I suspect they will have a short lifetime as soon as it is demonstrated how easy the mechanism is defeated. Then the lawsuits will follow most likely putting an end to the manufacture of such silliness.

Assuming of course there is an actual market for such a bad idea. I'll let any IP respond with the number of requests they've had for such a gun. In the meantime I'll assume it's 0.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    A reminder that what is posted online does not come down:

js0c3o.jpg

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Or a "Support Engage Day" in the parking lot.

Hotdogs,burgers and other activiites !!

"Other activities," I hope, includes buying some stuff from them. I'd imagine its been a rough haul since Oct... The HQP requirement is having the intended effect... severely curtailing handgun purchases. I have no doubt that what Andy said is true -- Engage will not be around for long if business does not improve.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    "The only people who like smart guns are dumb politicians" T-shirts? I'm in.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Can those of us with contrarian views come?

Maybe that should be a rhetorical question.

Though I do need a Harris BR bi-pod and a t-shirt.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Good show of solidarity, Engage deserves it and they are getting a slime job from the press.

Who are these gun rights group attacking honest dealers for offering a product for the public to take or not take at their whim? I can see some situations where I wouldnt mind having a "smart gun" but 99% of the time Ill take my dumb old CZ

This like like sliming dealers for offering locking gun cases, safes, and gun locks.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    It is only a matter of time before such guns are available. Acting like babies about it doesn't make things better. I suspect they will have a short lifetime as soon as it is demonstrated how easy the mechanism is defeated. Then the lawsuits will follow most likely putting an end to the manufacture of such silliness
    I dunno about how successful the lawsuits would be. There's got to be tons of people that are harmed every year because they couldn't get access to a working gun for defense in time because of __________ gun safety device. I just don't seeing those lawsuits being particularly effective. I do see that they are expensive and generally a terrible idea though, so the market may be small and niche enough for them to never really catch on.

Feb 28, 2013
    If it were my shop I wouldn't even have went near this things, but it was Andy's gamble to take.

Frankly I don't give a damn about PR. If Engage has a gun that I want, I'll buy from them. Why should I let this stop me? The amount of pantywaists coming out of the woodwork now is revolting.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I just got my HQL fingerprints done today, for the sole purpose of buying something from Engage. The HQL sucks, but I will not let good shops, and even better people, go out of business because of this mess.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    What a mess. Plenty of fodder for the grabbers... :(

When's the BBQ at Engage?

Just heard mention of this on WTOP radio.... The end quote was "what's the big deal? It's not like people HAVE to buy smart guns". That needed a "YET" on the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom