• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Someone I grew up near is doing a class and I am spreading the word to the bow hunters here in case anyone is interested.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/event.php?eid=120450600247&ref=nf (you have to have an account on Facebook to see it).

During our Bow Making Workshop the students will participate in the ancient fine art of bow making; learning to delicately carve and shape a single piece of wood into a beautiful and efficient survival tool. During this five day workshop, you will experience the complete process of bow making. Starting with tree selection and harvesting you will learn the different types of trees used in bow making. We then work through design & layout, shaping, tillering (bending), and shooting. Each participant will also learn how to make their own bow strings. In the end you will have completed a highly effective hunting tool.
    Registration Fee: $450/person includes bow stave

Dates offered: August 13- 16 2009 and

February 12-14 continued Feb 20-21 2010

Time: Thur 9AM – Sun 5PM

Instructor: Bill Kaczor

Host:
    Ancestral Knowledge
    Type:
    Education - Class
    Network:
    Global
    Start Time:
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 at 9:00am
    End Time:
    Sunday, August 16, 2009 at 5:00pm
    Street:
    6200 Sheridan steet
    Phone:
    Email:
    a.k.info@ancestralknowledge.org

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    There is another course offered at oregan ridge in baltimore county that is considerably cheaper, but it books up almost instantly and there is a significant waiting list.

We had a thread here a while ago where i offered to teach any members that were interested the very basics, but i've been so busy i havent had the time to follow up on it.

wyomingboy

Jan 26, 2009
    There are lots of books and some instructional videos on this. There are also some free classes at many of the larger traditional archery shoots. You can buy staves fairly cheap. A few hand tools and a little reading will get you through the process. I've made a few self bows and can say that it's like anything else.... the more time you put into it, the better the result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom