• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Masterchief36

Masterchief36
    May 16, 2009
    Va.
    Congratulations!

Hopefully the other stamp is just a day or so behind. I had one stamp that was "lost" after being mailed from BATFE. Unfortunately you have to wait for 30 days for it to be officially lost. After 30 days, you can request a duplicate of your Form 4. Same thing happened at that time with a stamp for Mayor Quimby. Andy at Engage took care of the problem for both of us. The duplicate took about 2-3 weeks. Then the original stamp showed up about 6 weeks later.

hopefully it will show up by Saturday thats when im going to pickup

Masterchief36

Masterchief36
    May 16, 2009
    Va.
    sixfivesavage said:
    Just talked to atf...sbr on a form 4 trust was pending September 7 and approved February 7. Guess ill have the stamps next week some time. 5 months exactly. What a wait!

Congrats .

Masterchief36

Masterchief36
    May 16, 2009
    Va.
    From the time I brought my SBR and 2 cans in June of 2011 and approved in Feb. of 2012......8months.There's got to be a better way.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    From the time I brought my SBR and 2 cans in June of 2011 and approved in Feb. of 2012......8months.There's got to be a better way.

Im guessing some of that 8 months includes waiting for CLEO signoff prior to sending everything off to the ATF?

And I agree, there has to be a better way. The ATF performs the same exact checks the state does. So why do we need to be checked twice? Why does the state have anything to do with something regulated by the goverment and NOT the state? And what is a our $200 paying for? Obviously not more examiners. Our goverment wastes so much money in other areas where they are completely overstaffed with people sitting around all day doing nothing. Why not bring in some new examiners since they are truely needed. Currently there is a 24,000 Form4 backlog. Thats $4.8 Million in revenue the goverment could be using to add a few examiners to get the wait back down to a reasonable amount of time. :sad20:

Ok, sorry for the rant. I feel better now.

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    Im guessing some of that 8 months includes waiting for CLEO signoff prior to sending everything off to the ATF?

And I agree, there has to be a better way. The ATF performs the same exact checks the state does. So why do we need to be checked twice? Why does the state have anything to do with something regulated by the goverment and NOT the state? And what is a our $200 paying for? Obviously not more examiners. Our goverment wastes so much money in other areas where they are completely overstaffed with people sitting around all day doing nothing. Why not bring in some new examiners since they are truely needed. Currently there is a 24,000 Form4 backlog. Thats $4.8 Million in revenue the goverment could be using to add a few examiners to get the wait back down to a reasonable amount of time. :sad20:

Get a trust and skip the state BS. :thumbsup:

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Get a trust and skip the state BS. :thumbsup:

To me, the main problem isn't with CLEO signoff. It's with the ATF NFA branch being understaffed and our tax stamp dollars and other taxes going to BS instead of helping us, the tax paying citizens.

Plus, the only thing a trust would do in my situation is get around the CLEO signoff. None of my family even wants to be around a firearm, let alone be in a trust for them. So I would end up being the only one in it. Not worth the cost of a trust imo.

sixfivesavage

Jun 30, 2011
    Jarrettsville
    To me, the main problem isn't with CLEO signoff. It's with the ATF NFA branch being understaffed and our tax stamp dollars and other taxes going to BS instead of helping us, the tax paying citizens.

Plus, the only thing a trust would do in my situation is get around the CLEO signoff. None of my family even wants to be around a firearm, let alone be in a trust for them. So I would end up being the only one in it. Not worth the cost of a trust imo.

Put me in it...I don't mind. :party29:

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009

In your particular situation, perhaps you're right. However, a trust can ease the process of distributing your NFA items in the event of your death, disability, or disqualification. It takes those items out of probate and your family's hands and places them in the hands of any person you wish to designate as your chosen benefactor or distributor. (a.k.a. trustee). Its a great estate planning tool for items that are sometimes hard to deal with in the probate/property distribution process. Consider it an auto-pilot. If you have many NFA items, it can save your family a great deal of time and effort.

Masterchief36

Masterchief36
    May 16, 2009
    Va.
    Flipz said:

5.50 weeks for MSP.

Masterchief36

Masterchief36
    May 16, 2009
    Va.
    New NFA toys

Lefty Stag Arms 11.5
    AAC M4-1000
    AAC Ti Rant45

It was worth the wait.

Attachments

• image-1248779071.jpg