• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    I have a friend who reloads and I've amassed a decent amount for .45 and .223 brass from my range trips. He lives in another state and I'd like to ship it to him. Can I simply drop them all in a flat rate shipping box and send em through the post office or do they need to be handed a special way?

Thanks.

boule

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Galt's Gulch
    Well, a reloader would appreciate if you could polish them, wrap them seperately and put them into tidy rows inside a buffered box.

Other than that, just put them in a zip-lock bag to avoid moisture and put buffer material in to fill the remaining space.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    That's how suppliers ship cases: in a box with packing material. boule's right...you should not only sort and tumble them, you ought to rezize and de-cap them too. That's what friends do.
    :)

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Everytime, I buy bulk once fired brass - its been shipped in Priority mail flat rate boxes. Most the times the brass is inside tied up plastic grocery bags.

You shouldnt have an issue to ship them through the mail if there not loaded. Its not illegal to ship empty cases. The Flat Rate Shipping boxes are the way to go.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Sgt Preston here...

We ship MANY boxes of empty once fired brass to customers all over the USA every week in USPS Flat Rate Boxes...

I put them in a brown paper bag & put the bag in the box...

If there is empty space in the box, I crumple up newspaper & stuff it inside...

I can typically ship up to 15 - 25 pounds in a medium flat rate box depending on caliber...

Hope this is helpful...

Stein79

Surf&Turf
    Feb 3, 2011
    Murderland
    So I should not throw out the spent .223 casings I saved when I thought I might have the time to get into reloading? What's the going rate?

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    So I should not throw out the spent .223 casings I saved when I thought I might have the time to get into reloading? What's the going rate?

Rate is all over the place.

LC is $45/1000 shipped.
    Fully processed. Tumbled, full length sized, swaged, and trimmed to 1.755 $68.00 per 1000
    Fully processed and primed. Everything above, and primed with Wolf Small Rifle Magnum (.223) primers. $98.00 per 1000

Deals can be had if you read around.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I have a friend who reloads and I've amassed a decent amount for .45 and .223 brass from my range trips. He lives in another state and I'd like to ship it to him. Can I simply drop them all in a flat rate shipping box and send em through the post office or do they need to be handed a special way?

Thanks.

Ty,

You don't need to do anything except box 'em up and ship 'em to me!

:D

Stein79

Surf&Turf
    Feb 3, 2011
    Murderland
    303_enfield said:
    Rate is all over the place.

LC is $45/1000 shipped.
    Fully processed. Tumbled, full length sized, swaged, and trimmed to 1.755 $68.00 per 1000
    Fully processed and primed. Everything above, and primed with Wolf Small Rifle Magnum (.223) primers. $98.00 per 1000

Deals can be had if you read around.

Oh, im not getting into reloading. I meant are there members that would buy spent shell casings from me, like .223/9mm etc. and what is the value? .05 a shell?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom