• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    I've had one for a couple months now. I have over 500 rounds through it now with no problems. I love it, especially the trigger; it's a great shooter. I swapped out the back strap for the large one last week, and I definitely like it better with the big one. Like others, I wouldn't call it a compact gun, especially with the longer barrel on the 1st edition.

2Asales&Supplies

, , Up In Arms Since 2009
    Industry Partner
    Aug 5, 2009
    I still dont understand why people buy guns there anymore. Mark at 2A has them for $550; just a ten minute drive from Bass Pro. Unfortunately he doesn't sell circus peanuts, beef jerky, or women's jewelry. ;) :lol2:

We're considering branching out though.:thumbsup:

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    We're considering branching out though.:thumbsup:

I've had one for a couple months now. I have over 500 rounds through it now with no problems. I love it, especially the trigger; it's a great shooter. I swapped out the back strap for the large one last week, and I definitely like it better with the big one. Like others, I wouldn't call it a compact gun, especially with the longer barrel on the 1st edition.

I should have held out for a First Edition mainly for the barrel, but I will never run a can on it so I didnt feel like I needed a threaded barrel. Additionally, I was kind of turned off by the large case it comes in. I have cases out the wazoo. :rolleyes: I'm happy with the regular version. :thumbsup:

I haven't swapped out the back strap yet, may have to try that when I get some time.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    Pretty sure you're supposed to review it and tell us how awesome it is before you shoot it. In your review, you have to use the phrase "feels good in the hand."

iaintevenmad.jpg

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    Having shot a PPQ, and seeing that it was not a compact handgun, I can see why people like them so much.

Spilly

Jan 10, 2012
    The Walther PPQ is moving up my wish list list as it appears to be full ambi and I'm left handed. I see that the slide release is on both sides, the mag release appears to be full ambi by the index finger release at the bottom of the trigger gaurd, but not sure about the safety. Could someone please verify that this is a full ambi gun?

Thnx

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    The Walther PPQ is moving up my wish list list as it appears to be full ambi and I'm left handed. I see that the slide release is on both sides, the mag release appears to be full ambi by the index finger release at the bottom of the trigger gaurd, but not sure about the safety. Could someone please verify that this is a full ambi gun?

Thnx

No external safety that isn't passive. The safeties are essentially glock safeties. There's a trigger safety on the ppq, and striker button safety similar to a glock. It's DA revolver rules for safety...don't pull the trigger and it won't go off, even if you chuck it off a building.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    ppq vs p99 copy.jpg
    sooo, for giggles I took apart a ppq at work and my p99 and photographed the trigger group of both.(the ejector is different in the ppq because it's a 40 and not a 9 like mine, it's not a design difference from one platform to the other). The green arrow is the SA sear. It's the same for both guns. When the trigger bar moves to the back, it basically knockes the legs out from under it and that hook falls out of the way of the striker.

Notice the red arrow. The absence of a hook there to make the trigger double action is the only difference between the two..well that and the addition of the qa'a trigger safety. The reason the p99's trigger appears further forward is because that's it's resting position in da....or sa on the first shot before taking up the "safe action" slack. After the first pull, the trigger resets to where the ppq's stays.

Actually pulling the trigger of the two verifies this. The p99 AS in "single action" is the exact same trigger of the ppq, reset and everything. The ppq just eliminates the following:
    1) now can't decock it and carry it in "da" mode
    2) can't use the decock button to take the slide off without pulling trigger
    3) no second-strike

I love the frame of the ppq. I wish they'd come out with a version that has the p99AS's trigger and slide(somehow the ppq's slide seems way boxier than the p99's), but the ppq's frame.

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    Interesting. Will the PPQ slide fit on your P99 AS?

I recall someone online had both and that the slides would fit each others frames, but the individual would not try to fire either firearm w/o its intended slide.

I have p99QA and have been trying to improve the trigger (with non advised methods), but do believe I will be buying a ppq in the future. I am not educated on firearms I do not own, so maybe you guys could help.

with the rear plate not having the striker viewable, is there a way to tell if the firearm is cocked? obviously if there is a round in the chamber you would believe the firearm is cocked, but just curious. (yes, I know always treat it as if its loaded.)

thanks

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I recall someone online had both and that the slides would fit each others frames, but the individual would not try to fire either firearm w/o its intended slide.

I have p99QA and have been trying to improve the trigger (with non advised methods), but do believe I will be buying a ppq in the future. I am not educated on firearms I do not own, so maybe you guys could help.

with the rear plate not having the striker viewable, is there a way to tell if the firearm is cocked? obviously if there is a round in the chamber you would believe the firearm is cocked, but just curious. (yes, I know always treat it as if its loaded.)

thanks
    e

I would think for a round to be able to get into the chamber it would have to be cocked. On the PPQ the extractor serves as a loaded chamber indicator.

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    some added information. I picked mine up tonight, I can't wait to shoot it, this trigger feels great.

Late model P99 mags are interchangeable with the ppq, the 17 rd ppq fits my p99 and feeds by hand with no issues.

holsters for the p99 may work, but will be tight. I have a fobus paddle for my p99, the ppq fits, but is not removed easily, I will not be using this for my ppq. For leather I am pretty confident they will work, will just have to fit them with a sock.

Hopefully I can get out this weekend and give it a real test.

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    some added information. I picked mine up tonight, I can't wait to shoot it, this trigger feels great.

Late model P99 mags are interchangeable with the ppq, the 17 rd ppq fits my p99 and feeds by hand with no issues.

holsters for the p99 may work, but will be tight. I have a fobus paddle for my p99, the ppq fits, but is not removed easily, I will not be using this for my ppq. For leather I am pretty confident they will work, will just have to fit them with a sock.

Hopefully I can get out this weekend and give it a real test.

Congrats! It is a nice little gun, let us know how you like it.

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    Ran at least 100 rnds through it today, I am very impressed. I did interchange p99 and ppq mags w/ no problems through the day. Grip feels great, trigger is unbelievable. I had 1 accidental double tap early in the day, I started to ride the reset during slow fire and was able to control it. Now I have to decide if I am going to sell my p99...

BleedinPurple

Feb 2, 2012
    ive had my ppq for about 6 weeks now...have put 1500 rounds through it and it has been flawless...very accurate, awesome trigger, and hides as well as i would ever need it to in my shielded double phalynx...it is not a sub compact so it will be larger than others, but if they consider a glock 19 compact, then i consider the ppq compact...

i couldnt be happier with my purchase...the only problem is it didn't come with unlimited ammo

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom